PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter assistance

Kelcey
03-20-06, 01:01 PM
My fiance is a Marine and he is going to get Recruiter's assistance for 31 days. What does that involve them doing? Well I get to really see him before he leaves again? Someone who knows help me out please. Thank you. :usmc:

Worsham
03-20-06, 01:04 PM
To my knowledge, Recruiter's Assistance typically means he will be home helping at the recruiting station he enlisted through. He will have to report there every day like any job.

Hope this helps....you should be able to see him quite a bit during that month as long as you live nearby.

Kelcey
03-20-06, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know anything about tech school for special forces and how long it takes?

outlaw3179
03-20-06, 02:50 PM
I went on recruiters assistance a couple of times while I was in the fleet. All it is your basically a recruiters helper for the alloted time. You canvass different areas trying to find prospects. Theese could be high schools, malls, community colleges, or just anywhere where there might be kids in need of futures. Sometimes you might go with the recruiter to meet another kids parents, or go in on a Saturday and help out with new joins and stuff like that. The hours are long but if its a cool recruiter your fiancee will get time off for good behavior. Especially if hes supplying the recruiter with solid leads and is busting his butt. Its a good program. Im sure hell like it. He should be at home doing it so you should be able to see him all the time when hes not working or whatever..

GySgtRet
03-20-06, 04:12 PM
This is a good question. Like was previously mentioned as long as a recruiter assistant is doing what he is there for then he will be allowed liberty. But when the recruiter needs him please just rememebr that is just what it means. You may have some disappointments in this as from time to time things do change in a recruiters life from day-to-day. Semper Gumpy is away to look at it "Always Flexible." When I had recruiters assistants at my station it was generally for 30 days. After the first 15 days it was determined whether or not the recuiter assistant would stay or not. My station had probably 10 assistants and we never relieved any of them. I hope this answers your question.