PDA

View Full Version : Many die-hard Republicans shaking their heads over Bush, war

thedrifter
03-20-06, 10:31 AM
In state's GOP heartland, questions <br />
Many die-hard Republicans shaking their heads over Bush, war <br />
- Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer <br />
Monday, March 20, 2006 <br />
<br />
Oceanside, San Diego...

lovdog
03-22-06, 05:35 PM
I've always been a Republican!! Figured that someone had to curtail the "spending" by the Democrats - to "keep things in line" so to speak. I voted for GW - I always looked at voting as not really who could do the best job as opposed to who was the lesser of evils in this political world.
Our President had the American People in "his hands" - standing atop of the rubble pile after 9/11, with the NY Fire Chief proclaiming " whoever knocked these buildings down, will soon hear from us"!! Standing out in the open, for all to see, risking a bullet from some sniper hiding in the shadows!! That was the man I voted for - that was "my President"!! We go after Bin Laden with a vengence, rolling over the Taliban like a nasty ol' Euclid Earthmover!! Then things change - GW now breaks from Afghanistan & the "hunt for Bin Laden" and focuses on Iraq!! Why? Thats where I have the problem too!! I'm sure there are real reasons why he was so insistant on going to war with Iraq aside from being mislead by bad intelligence!! Our President, Vice-President and their ties with Halliburton, the oil industry, big business, etc. has left a bad taste in ones mouth over this occupation. We, as Americans expect the truth from our leaders. He demands that we take our sons, daughters, mothers & fathers and fight a war that, right now, doesn't make a whole lot of sense! We have demanded also the real reasons from our President but mostly what we get is the same old rhetoric over & over again - WMD, for the good of the Iraqi people, to protect the USA and the world because no one else will step forward!! But, behind the closed doors - the real truths, I am sure has been spoken but not to the American public. For a man that could have gone down in the annals of history as one of the greatest Presidents that has ever been - now has a legacy stained with blood of the young patriots, a heavy cross to bear. To have all Marines stand up and say "We are with you, Mr. President" - but do not let us bleed alone, tell us that what we do has a purpose! Not too much to ask in return for a young life, is it?? Maybe, like Viet Nam, documents will become declassified and the real reasons will surface - but many years later and only then will we know what kind of leadership we had!
The sad part is that we sacrifice "the best" that our country has to give in the process!! SF

redneck13
03-26-06, 10:46 AM
I feel the same exact way as lovdog. I commend him for the courage to speak what most are really afraid of. They hide behind the Flag, in cowardness, and proclaim their idealogies, so well put by lovdog. I give you my Brother, one HELL OF AN ATTA BOY FOR SAYING, TELLING THE TRUTH.
I would like to see more people speak their minds, not be afraid, because even though we, all of us on this sight "SUPPORT WHOLEHEARTEDLY" OUR BROTHER AND SISTER'S IN THIS DISASTER", ESPECIALLY "MARINES", we may not support any more uneccessary death's for a cause yet to be clarified.Im with you my friend. SF

DobbinsBlythe
03-26-06, 01:34 PM
I totally agree with all of you. I'm conservative, heck, I live and was raised in ALABAMA, I voted Bush the first time, I didn't the second. Why is it that it feels like we're pawns in a game full of old money hungry men who have been given everything? I don't think this is what America should be about. I believe that we all have a responsibility to speak the truth and make sure that this kind of CRAP we have all (the American people) been fed doesn't get fed to our future. Ever notice people like to stick with tradition just because it's the right thing to do? It's sick.

the opinionated 20 year old...
-Maria