PDA

View Full Version : Eagle, Anchor, Globe, and Esctacy !!

NamGrunt68
07-03-02, 11:25 AM
U.S. Servicemen Busted in Drug Probe <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
AP

TeufelHunden
07-03-02, 11:28 AM
...They're no longer brothers of mine. 15 years at Leavenworth ain't long enough iffen you ask me. They oughta publically strip 'em of their EGAs, toss 'em in solitary and throw away the key until there's nuthin' left but the smell.

LongShot
07-03-02, 11:35 AM
Thats 84 service members that should have never been Marines. Bunch of serious losers! Should be shot in public and the bodies left to rot in plain view as an example to others. Hope the got the max!

Midnight
07-03-02, 11:40 AM
Back in the day we'd just give'm some brig time then ship they ass over to the navy or army to finish their hitch.

Ploft
07-03-02, 11:50 AM
I agree with Longshot and Teufelhunden only trouble is we now have to pay to keep them locked up and now-a-days that's a big piece of change. How about we send them to Gitmo and lock them up there can't see wastin a good lock-up.

GunsUp
07-03-02, 05:29 PM
I agree on public humiliation for these sorry excuses for marines (notice I lower cased the M). <br />
<br />
Reminds me of a time watching one of my dad's formations. <br />
<br />
It was 1978 and my dad, new to...

Sixguns
07-03-02, 05:42 PM
I agree. If the parties were guilty, they should be punished.

What I am curious to know is how many Marines, what ranks, ages and units were involved. This information can be used to help leaders understand who is most at risk to fall into this type of behavior/activity. Those that engaged in the drug activity are being dealt with. My concern as a leader is to prevent others from traveling down that same path.

Sixguns

Arty101
07-03-02, 07:15 PM
This is a very simple post. Lock 'em up, throw away the key.

C:\My Download Files\Police\Animation\key.gif

USMC0311
07-03-02, 11:06 PM
21st Century Marines..hmmmmm.

"Old breed? New breed? There's not a damn bit of difference so long as it's the Marine breed!"

(Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller)

NamNuts
07-04-02, 06:54 AM
UCMJ gonna be worn out on the 2nd MarDiv...General Lejeune and Chesty be waiting for these Jarheads...Squat thrust forever! <br />
<br />
Hey Danez...NamNuts here! Made it under the wire...the MP's doain know...

NamGrunt68
07-04-02, 07:00 AM
Welcome Home and Semper Fi......enjoy postin here bro......I got a feelin you won't be here too long...............so go ahead and get it over with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

arzach
07-04-02, 07:32 AM
boot em out! P.C. azzholes deserve whatever they get! just another by-product of our 'permissive society' bros

USMC0311
07-04-02, 07:41 AM
ROGER the permissive society statement Arzach

think we shouldn't condemn our Brothers on Civilian accusations.

Semper Fi, Marines

gemntx
07-04-02, 08:34 AM
As a side note to this story. Of the 84 military members charged, 2 are still in the judicial process. The other 82 have been found guilty! As the article in Jacksonville (NC) Daily News said,...

USMC0311
07-04-02, 08:39 AM
10-4 Major..UCMJ..all the way..price ya pay 2 play.
Semper Fi, Marine!

Barndog
07-04-02, 11:14 AM
Really makes you wonder what happened where doesn't it. Obviously a serious leadership flaw happened somewhere, cause as YOU know when we was in, that didn't happen. It got taken care of right now. But when we were growing up, if you had a problem with someone, you fought it out, last one standing bought the beer. Now, they shoot ya.
I didn't get no stinkin tennis shoes or a baseball games in boot camp either.
Let's start there.

SEMPER FI

Sixguns
07-04-02, 05:27 PM
It might be good to know how many of these Marines required some type of waiver to get into the Corps. In particular, it would be interesting to see how many had drug use prior to service and the extent of their involvement with drugs.

Some of us remember growing up in the Corps in open squadbays. Those living conditions made it much more difficult to conceal such behavior. The Corps has advanced with the times and tried to give many more personal freedoms to Marines. In doing so, we may have facilitated this type of behavior. I remember living in a squadbay. It was dificult to not know what was happening with the Marines that shared that space. With barracks rooms that allow individuals to close their doors and separate themselves from the group, they can also in a sense shut their doors to conceal their private plans. I'm not saying we need to go back to squadbays, but there was an advantage to having no walls as a barrier to learn of a Marine who may be going astray. As leaders, we need to be cognizant of this situation today and get more involved with how our Marines use their liberty.

Sixguns

LadyLeatherneck
07-05-02, 10:30 AM
I agree with you Six. We had a devil dog in our shop who would
come in the morning so damn hyper and by 1100 he was falling
asleep at his desk. He'd sleep through lunch time on a couch
we had in the shop. We'd tell the Gunny something wasn't
right about him, but the Gunny would say that it was because
he had a newborn at home, but heck, I had a new born at home
and I wasn't sleeping THAT much. Well low and behold 2 months
later he pops positive on the pee pee test.....hello Big Chicken Dinner!
He came back in the shop wearing a very trendy ORANGE suit
and some nice metal things on his wrist...LMAO!!! Working
as an SRB clerk I saw way too many Marines with drug waivers
and many Marines get office hours for using drugs. I was typing
page 12's atleast once every 2 weeks for someone using drugs.

TeufelHunden
07-05-02, 10:46 AM
...So I'm not sure if it's been addressed already. I wonder where the leaders of these Ex-Marines where while they were hitting the rave clubs up in Wilmington? I know Marine NCOs, SNCOs and Officers are not babysitters, and can not be expected to babysit grown men and women 24/7. But, you have to wonder where the breakdown in instilling our Core Values started. I mean, this investigation was going for 2 years! Certainly there were signs/clues that were missed, that shoulda been caught by their leaders.

I was a CG drug waiver myself. The moment I walked into the Recruiters office, I stopped doing what I had been doing that required the waiver. I knew, that if I wanted to accomplish my goal of becoming a Marine, that drugs could never be in the picture.

Have any of you active duty brother or sister Marines seen the statistics of the bust? I wonder how many ex-Marine NCOs were involved?

USMC0311
07-05-02, 11:02 AM
I was lucky Little Brothers... ALL the Marines I knew. never knew what the RUSH drugs were.. We drank and screwed..All American Boys :)... Do Know if it is not eliminated it will destroy Our Corps
"Birds of a Feather Flock together"

Semper Fi, Marines