View Full Version : Vehicle costs obscure

thedrifter
03-13-06, 07:55 AM
Vehicle costs obscure <br />
Marines resist FOIA request <br />
Joseph Neff, Staff Writer <br />
The Freedom of Information Act doesn't free all information. <br />
<br />
In late October, The News &amp; Observer got a tip that the...

OLE SARG
03-13-06, 09:03 AM
Another good example of our tax dollars being spent without knowing where or for what our money is being spent. That's like the last case I know of where our federal government was paying something like $300.00 for a damn wrench that cost like $12.00 at Lowe's. These arseholes that are ripping the government off should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

SEMPER FI,

junker316
03-13-06, 11:29 AM
I know that all you have heard about the " Million Dollar Bolt ". It was hung on a Christmas Tree in 1989 because of the price paid for it. You could have gotten one at the local hardware store for under $2.00. But when questioned about the price our Govt said that it was specially manufactured. I went out and bought one exactly like to see where the manufacturing specialty was. To my knowledge there was no difference. Except that the one that cost the most had a small crack in it and would have needed replaced again in a week. I have also seen where other tools that we could get for less than what the Govt pays has been bought. Like an adjustable wrench for $245.00 or a socket set for just under $700.00. Looks liek our Country's leadership is really looking out for tax dollars.

cgkades
03-13-06, 06:33 PM
scarry stuff

yellowwing
03-13-06, 06:49 PM
Surely you've seen the movie Independence Day?

Scene Inside Area 51 Bunker

PRESIDENT
"I don't understand. Where did all
this come from? How did this get
funded?"

MOISHE
"You didn't think they actually
spent ten thousand dollars for a
hammer and thirty thousand for a
toilet seat, did you?"

Maybe The Corps has a new skunk works project we have to ante up for. There's a few news articles floating around about a sub-orbital rocket that can send a FAST Platoon anywhere on the globe in 45 minutes.