View Full Version : Would-be recruits sue Marine Corps

thedrifter
03-08-06, 11:29 AM
Would-be recruits sue Marine Corps <br />
By SETH FREEDLAND/The Daily Journal <br />
<br />
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - <br />
<br />
Two 18-year-old women who allege they were raped by Ukiah-based Marine Corps recruiters are...

jegries
03-08-06, 11:50 AM
Although Marines were involved in these acts the Marine Corp does anything but &quot;foster and condon a sexually-abusive enviroment&quot;. The two marines were not charged or convicted of rape and alchohol...

thedrifter
03-09-06, 06:20 AM
Article published - Mar 9, 2006 <br />
Marines sued over sex with recruits <br />
Mendocino County women claim rights were violated at Ukiah recruiting office <br />
By Glenda Anderson <br />
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT <br />
<br />
Two...

behindthecamera
03-25-06, 11:56 PM
These girls weren't raped. I was involved in the Courts Martial (all three...one wasn't charged with anything sexual so the girls left him out of this one) and I know the girls pressing the charges....

DobbinsBlythe
03-26-06, 12:31 AM
These girls sound like some of the poolees that were at my fiancees recruiting station while he was a poolee. I don't know if this is typical.. acutally I do know, it's not typical that ditzes like the ones I met are found in recruiting stations, willing to become US Marines, but honestly, girls who are irresponsible generally know exactly what they're doing. I mean, I'm a young college girl, and all the girls I know that get drunk, and go hang out with random guys know exactly what they could be getting themselves into. I say, if you don't want to have anything stupid or wrong happen to you, prevent the situation. Be proactive. Rape happens to people who don't do anything at all in the wrong. That's rape. I don't think that going to a recruiting office, flirting, getting drunk, openly admitting to being drunk and underage is necessarily a smart thing to do--mind you I don't mean that the Marine Corps recruiting stations are unsafe, I just mean, guys in general could be. The other poolees, recruiters, people just coming in for info.. whoever. If the girls wanted to, if it happened, they could have prevented it in the first place. I wish people would stop playing victim, and start realizing that anywhere you go is a public/professional environment. People's lives should be conducted in a repsonsible manner. When you're not at home, you're not at home, and you should take responsibility for any sort of action you take, whether it be flirting, driving, or even speaking. That's just my opinion. I think the girls in the country these days are just slackers. Whatever happened to making a guy work for it?

-Maria

behindthecamera
03-26-06, 12:38 AM
It's not typical that they are willing to become Marines, but it's very typical for them to hang around Marines...that drives me NUTS! I'm far from perfect myself, but these girls are just trying to avoid having to take any blame for what happened to these Marines. They are unwilling to say...I did this...I slept with these guys...I may have helped screw the rest of their lives up. Rather...they are screwing their lives up further by acusing them of RAPE of all things. One day they will realize what they are doing....I hope.

DobbinsBlythe
03-26-06, 12:42 AM
yep. excuses are pitiful, girls being stupid is just wrong. I believe females have a responsibility, since we don't have specific body parts governing our actions, to be mindful of what we do and say around men/boys. Stupid girls should just... die or something. There's no place for them except for in brothels or on horrible Paris Hilton tv shows.
BTW-check out the signature.. it's how I deal with these situations sometimes. Makes sense to me.
-Maria

behindthecamera
03-26-06, 12:52 AM
I like the signature....it's a good one and I couldn't agree with it more....it's the problem with the world today. It's how stupid girls like the ones pressing the charges come about. I truly...

GunnyL
03-26-06, 09:36 AM
The bottom line is, the two Marines implicated were Court Martialed, they were not however convicted of Rape. Were the two ever charged in Criminal Court where this happened of Rape? Or were they...

GySgtRet
03-26-06, 10:44 AM
We didn't have sleep overs either in the 39 months I spent in Buffalo. Family nights yes. Drill instructors from Parris Island and San Diego yes. Our district after out RS co got through with us if we had done stuff like this. Well a lot of people would have been more than relieved. In my eyes it is a courts-martial offense and should be treated as one.

behindthecamera
03-26-06, 09:04 PM
The recruiters were never charged before this lawsuite for rape...not in criminal civil court or under the UCMJ. I know what they did was wrong, but there have already been held accountable for their...

greensideout
03-26-06, 09:48 PM
Where was the NCOIC of that office? Or even the OIC? If they were in tune with the activites there this kind of crap would never have happen. As far as the NCO's that were charged go, they must have...

MrsCodyMC
10-13-06, 10:46 PM
I was also invovled in that not-so-pretty court martial. (A female named Cody....hmmm....if you know anything about this whole deal you'd recognize that name.) I was there on one of the nights in question. I was friends with these 2 girls at the time. All they ever talked about was how they wanted to sleep with the recruiters (Darene with Dunz, Ali with Fuke.) I am a Marine now, and I understand things from the Marine Corps point of view. At the time I didn't. Even with the deeper understanding of things I find it entirely unfair that the Marines are taking the full blame for things that the females had just as much say in. They messed up -- bad. But I can assure that neither of these Marines are rapists. I would leave it with saying that it was the girls' fault because they are "promiscuous" but that is simply too nice of a word for some people.

MrsCodyMC
10-13-06, 11:16 PM
As for the SNCOIC..... Gunny didn't know a darn thing about it because it was well hidden. Gunny isn't someone who would have aloud that. You should have seen the look on that mans face when he found out. Don't blame Gunny. He is a great Marine.