PDA

View Full Version : A Marine's Marine!

John Danley
03-07-06, 03:36 PM
Dear All,

I went to the funeral of a Marine today. His name was Gene Eidson, the father of Betty's youngest brother wife. Gene had served his country in the invasion of Okinawa during WW-II. He came back from the reserves when Korea came along. He was a member of the Chosen Few, that great bunch of Marines that fought there way back from the frozen Chosen Reservoir in northern Korea. They brought there wounded and their dead out with them. To alot of people this is just a footnote in history but to the Marines, especially the ones that fought their way out, it is an everlasting monument to the greatness of what Semper Fideles means. A lot of people kind of make fun of the love that I have for the Corps. I was very fortunate never to fire a shot in anger but being a part of the Corps has left an indelible mark on my life.

Gene was also called to active duty by his Lord and Savior many years ago. He accepted the call and service many years as music minister, youth minister, in every place that his commander-in-chief asked him to serve. He was as good or not better serviceman for the Lord than he was for his beloved Corps. Hearing all the people today talk about what he meant to them and how he had help change their lives for the better really hit home in what a warrior for Christ should be.

A Marine laid down his earthly combat gear and walked proudly into the heavenly portals that is talked about in our Marine Hymn. The only thing wrong with our hymn is that the gates don't have to be guarded, the battles are already won, Christ has made it so because He was victorious over death and the grave.

Semper Fi, Gene truly was always faithful to his Corps and most of all to his Lord.
I can remember we always at the end of the day would say, " Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are". Well I don't know where Chesty Puller is but I do know where Gene Eidson is and I know that Jesus has said, "Well done my good and faithful servant, welcome home".

John
OKC

GySgtRet
03-07-06, 03:56 PM
RIP Gene Eidson...Semper Fidelis Marine

Thank you Mr. John Danley for your contibutions to sir.

thedrifter
03-07-06, 06:55 PM
Rest In Peace

Ellie