PDA

View Full Version : Sexiest People on the Planet?

thedrifter
03-07-06, 08:33 AM
Sexiest People on the Planet?
March 7th, 2006
Linda Gosselin

I just wanted to see the weather. That’s all. I do admit it’s my own fault for making the mistake of tuning in to one of the major networks. Much to my surprise what do I see? Yet another Hollywood Awards Show. I know… it’s hard to believe. I guess it must be that time of the month again. It seems like every lunar cycle we are subjected to the beautiful people’s insatiable appetite for patting themselves on the back. I couldn’t look away. The repugnance of it was mesmerizing.

O.K. let’s be positive, I thought. Maybe this time one of these blowhards will actually do the right thing. Maybe one of them will be able to stop looking in the mirror long enough to realize how fortunate they are to be an American making obscene amounts of money doing something so frivolous. Maybe one of them will even suggest that they give up their gift bags, which according to ABC News are valued over $100,000. The money could be donated to military families or Katrina victims.

Silly of me, I know. This would require an individual thought process, something other than a lemming mentality. Not going to happen. Instead, what did I see? The usual endless babble. You look fabulous, you’re beautiful, how long did you starve yourself to fit into that dress? They are so busy kissing each other’s posteriors that they don’t have time for reality.

The truth is that many of us would look pretty damn good with thousands of dollars worth of make up, jewelry, and clothing.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t object to success, I celebrate it. The problem with this crowd is that its OK for them to live opulent life styles but no one else is entitled to enjoy the finer things in life. God forbid you have made your money in Corporate America, or worse… oil. As a matter of fact if you are not a liberal Democrat then you just don’t have a right to enjoy any level of success and you certainly are not entitled to throw a party. I remember hearing outrage from the Hollywood left about the money being spent on one of this country’s richest traditions, the Inauguration of the President of the United States. I guess because “their guy” didn’t win we should have forgone the event.

After all, why should anyone be able to throw a party unless foreign policy experts like George Clooney can mouth off? A man seemingly incapable of maintaining a personal relationship, a man who is so afraid of making a commitment that he runs from one vacant bimbo to the next. This is the man who knows how to fix international relations?

Hey, George, how about donating the proceeds of your gift bag to a deserving military family? You know, the people that you undermine on a daily basis? The people serving our country, protecting us, making sure arrogant elitists like yourself still have the right to trash the country that has been so good to you? Sorry, I forgot that would require enough self reflection to realize you are making the job of our finest young men and women more difficult. It would also require patriotism and that just is not acceptable in your circles these days.

Tom Brokaw was right in naming the baby boomers’ parents “The Greatest Generation” – especially with regard to Hollywood. The film capital has gone from honoring talent like Sidney Poitier to preening thugs like Ludacris are serious professionals. They’ve gone from true patriots, heroes like Jimmy Stewart who truly knew what it meant to be an American, to the so called sexiest man alive, George Clooney. Sunday night, the Academy Award-winning song was “It’s Hard out here for a Pimp.”

Hey America, wake up. The next time you see one of those magazines trying to tell you what sexy is, think about how pathetically predictable today’s Hollywood hunks are, and really think about the guys serving our country, they’re the ones that know what it is to be a real man.

Linda Gosselin wrties from South Hamilton, MA.

Ellie

JinxJr
03-07-06, 09:27 AM
Ahhh, the sweet sound of REALITY. I Love you Linda Gosselin from South Hamilton, MA.

GySgtRet
03-07-06, 09:48 AM
I would not of thought that a person from MA would have this point of view. Thank you very much Linda Gosselin, I reflect the view of JinxJr completely.

junker316
03-07-06, 10:34 AM
Both of the replies from RetGySgt and JinxJr have covered everything. Linda Gosselin has said it all. Thank You.

OLE SARG
03-07-06, 10:39 AM
Clooney should have had a starring role in "Brokearse Mountain". He would have made a good "SHEEP"!!!! It's a wonder poor ole george doesn't have broken arms from patting himself on the arse!!!!! I can't believe he hasn't come out of the closet yet.

SEMPER FI,

Osotogary
03-07-06, 11:13 PM
Yours truly surrounded by beautiful yet potentially very shallow, repugnant, Hollywood vixen. LOL

yellowwing
03-07-06, 11:55 PM
Helllooooo Dolly! :D