PDA

View Full Version : Its not only the war

yellowwing
03-06-06, 01:57 PM
The social/political landscape is divided on the War on Terror. Political pundits on both sides of the issue are roaring along and jumping at every chance they can to get in front of a camera.

But now there is a second front for the The War of American Identity. South Dakota Governor Mike Rounds sign a bill banning abortions. The bill bans any abortions, including pregnancies caused by rape and incest. The only exception is if an abortion is necessary to save the woman's life.

Now over on the East Coast, you have the State of Vermont giving legal recognition to gay marriages.

It all reminds me of that Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."

thedrifter
03-06-06, 03:28 PM
Interesting times are in our future.....;)

Ellie

Osotogary
03-06-06, 03:31 PM
I'd say, "May you survive interesting times."

mrbsox
03-06-06, 04:58 PM
Let us remember, that the CONSTITUTION of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, provides for the states to be able to pass their OWN LAWS.

It is then up to the people of that state to decide if they wish to continue living there.

My problem with the whole mess is, that THE PEOPLE, the VOTERS, should decide, NOT the Governor, or Mayor, or Councilman, or even the Senate or President. In a referendium such as this, that affects ALL THE PEOPLE, it should be put to the popular vote.

My $.02

redneck13
03-18-06, 12:18 PM
It's sad to say that in this "weird world" we live in the voter never get's to choose much. Why aren't the people who's live's are alway's effected by this bunch of hand picked goof balls, who don't interput the constitution, they decide to make their own law's, sort of like all of Calif, the Supreme Court. Why aren't voter's given a choice? Why is it we allow these hearing's based on a President's ideal's, who he wants for down the road, his parties idealog's, agenda, in his pick to go into the supreme court?
Why are they given a "lifetime" assignment or till they are so old they're carried out on a stretcher, sort of like that Thurman feller who had been in the Congress/Senate??? since he was gadigated from College? Under any circumstance's, any position which will effect in any way shape form, THE PEOPLE WHO IT WILL EFFECT, US, SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DECIDE. NOT ONE, OR A LOADED ONE SIDE PARTY PANEL. CARRY ON MAGGOT'S