PDA

View Full Version : Cl

pwdb269
03-04-06, 10:22 AM
I am being shipped out this monday and for my MOS was really looking foward to getting Aviation Electronics but unfortunately didn't. Instead I recieved CL or Combat Vehicle Repair. I'm a little upset about it but was wondering what exactly does one do in Combat Vehicle Repair. Another question I have is would I be able to change my MOS during re-enlistment or am I stuck here?

jryanjack
03-05-06, 05:40 AM
I can think of all kinds of smart comments as to what a combat vehicle repairman does, but I will refrain! I do not know exactly, however, I would guess that they repair combat vehicles - i.e. tanks, LAV's, AAV's? Could be specialize systems such as fire control or some of the electronics in them, so it might not be the same as a mechanic.

As to changing MOS's, yes you can, its call making a Lateral Move. However, I would recommend that you get a good handle on what a combat vehicle repairman does first instead of standing up the first day in MOS school and saying "I wanna lat move..." that won't make your life very easy! Remember, the Corps assigns you to where they need you, not where you want to be. This is not Wal-Mart.

Wyoming
03-05-06, 07:38 AM
I am being shipped out this monday and for my MOS was really looking foward to getting Aviation Electronics but unfortunately didn't. Instead I recieved CL or Combat Vehicle Repair. I'm a little upset about it but was wondering what exactly does one do in Combat Vehicle Repair. Another question I have is would I be able to change my MOS during re-enlistment or am I stuck here?

Been out for awhile, but I thought that all I've been reading these days darn near guaranteed the MOS you wanted.

Appears you found out kind of late .... :qmark:

Brooklyn
03-05-06, 10:43 PM
From what I've read, your general field is guaranteed. But there are a bunch of different MOSs in those fields, and those are the ones that the Corps chooses for new Marines.

awb5711
03-06-06, 06:42 AM
You are going to be a Combat Vehicle Repairman if thats what your contract says. From here you have two options. One, do your best and Lat move in 4 years. Second, I remember when I was at MCT they allowed some Marines who didnt get the MOS they wanted to switch to 0311 on the spot!!!!

G G Y
03-06-06, 07:21 PM
The only thing I was kinda promest was : one hot meal a day.: More than I can count of hot c-rats. Lots of days with nothing.