PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day?

prmama
07-03-02, 10:09 AM
Why r men ass holes? Please tell me. I have experience in the past that everyone is not who they seem to be. For all the men out there, there is 40% that r good in one way or another. With the other 60%, don't say a thing without hearing what i have to say.
As a child, i was molested and raped. I went into the Corps thinking that all men have a good piont in them. Well, the Corps did change that. Where r the good ones?
After leaving the corps in 95 I meant my ex. What a mistake. I have not said anything to anyone about it. I'm Proud to be A Marine in every aspect.
I stop drinking and if I was to start up again then I'll be putting myself down. Anyways, back to my ex.
I was pyhically and mentally abuse by him. So if i go off on some of u men. Don't take it personnal. After 6 yrs of the abuse and had a gun in my head cause of him. I can only say that I not giving up on men.
Today, I took the kids to c him and spend some time with him and he tried to rape me.
Yes I am angry and I deserve the respect of others. I don't ask for anything else but that. So please where r the good ones? Cause I don't know anymore.
Heather

sgthenry
07-03-02, 05:35 PM
Wow. What a strong posting. I see that no one has responded. We're not only azzholes, we're chicken. Not gonna touch that post with a ten foot pole. As long as we're all lumped together, I'm sorry for what happened to you. I hope that one day you may find solace and a friend that may only be an azzhole sometimes. We all can be azzholes once in a while. There is peace in the valley, look places you've never been to find the right valley.

sgthenry

prmama
07-03-02, 05:42 PM
I'm glad someone did reply? Let me rephrase something to all. I'm a strong Marine and Don't take sh!t from anyone. As far as what happened today. He TRIED and I'll rephrase it again TRIED BUT DIDN'T SUCCEED. I'm glad that I have the support from my friends and family here.
Heather

Sixguns
07-03-02, 06:02 PM
PRMAMA, <br />
<br />
As you explained, there are a few that are not what they claim or who they claim to be. There are far more men out there that are true to themselves and those they deal with. The fact that...

mrbsox
07-03-02, 06:21 PM
No smilies, no frownies, no words can change your past or pain.
No problem lending an ear to a brother(sister) that needs to blow off steam.

Some men are AH's, cause they don't know any better. Some are because were are human and (I) do stupid sh_ _ because we, well, are men, and don't always think about the other side of the coin.

Please don't lump us all together, but YOU be sure and keep a YELLOW alert status. When you find your Knight, you'll know. I got out of a bad one, but would not have known how good of a wife I have now, if I hadn't had an AH of a first one.

Hang in there, and look up and ahead, NOT BACK. May God bless you with all you deserve, and more.

Oh, and maybe there are a couple of Devil Dogs close by where you are, that wouldn't mind adjusting HIS attitude.

God bless, and Gods Speed , Heather.

Terry
mrbsox@aol.com

pickerfromhell
07-03-02, 06:40 PM
1) Thank You for your service to our country.

2) You are among your brothers and sisters and true friends here.

3) All men are not bad.

4) Some men ARE bad.

5) Don't get down on yourself.

S/F

Arty101
07-03-02, 06:40 PM
Heather, Six Guns is on the money. Until the Ex is put in his place, sometimes repeatedly, by the courts... He may continue to think he's top dog.

But on the otherhand, after your recent confrontation, maybe he's come to realize you're top dog?

You've gotta have some brother & sister Marines nearby, just find the local chapter of the Marine Corps League. I'll bet there'll be a couple members that are active in Law Enforcement and would be willing to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck & keep us posted. We care!

devilpup2B
07-03-02, 11:07 PM
Ma'am, I can't change what happened. I'm not a Marine, and I'm not near you, so I cannot physically help you. But please know that I am always here if you need me. As was stated above, not all males are bad. There are bad ones out there, and they suck, I know. But there are good ones out there. A quote that I've heard that has stuck with me is "Maybe God gives us a few bad relationships first so that when we find the right one, we can appreciate it even more." Ma'am, I thank God that you did not end your life with that gun. You are an incredibly strong person, and I just want you to know that you are always in my prayers. (HUG)

arzach
07-04-02, 06:37 AM
just a few , that's nature. sad but true, some men and women can be 'users',abusers. follow sixgun's & arty 101's direction, and keep the faith.

NamGrunt68
07-04-02, 07:05 AM
Ann Landers I ain't.........so only advice I can give ya is that ya got two choices.......spend the rest of yer life whining about it, or shoot the sonofa***** between the eyes.........your choice !!!

prmama
07-04-02, 07:14 AM
I just wanted to take this time and let everyone know that tys for ur support. I'm not going to dwell on what happen or will I forget. He doesn't live with me. Thank god. And i'm strong enough to realize that leave the past there. I was upset yesterday. And needed to get somethings out. I'm sorry if I upsetted anyone. But the reality is that everyone is not perfect. I'm not giving up and I have my children to think about. My daughter is first in hand. I have to fight to get full custody of her and it would be a battle for this marine.
Again thanks for all the advice that everyone has given me. Love everyone for it. God Bless everyone and have a wonderful 4th. be safe.
Heather

LadyLeatherneck
07-05-02, 10:53 AM
...the saying goes something like "Sometimes it takes meeting the
wrong people to find the RIGHT one." I've always had male friends
more than female friends and that's just because I think they
tend to gossip less. I'm happy to say that most of the men I have
met have been a very POSITIVE influence in my life and I LOVE them
to death. Such as my father, brother, cousins, and friends. Not
ALL men are bad Prmama. I think sometimes we just tend to look
for the same type of guy so maybe you should look for a guy that
truly wouldn't be your type. I'm actually going through a bad