PDA

View Full Version : Military Salute--Lance Cpl. Joshua Langham

thedrifter
03-03-06, 06:45 AM
03/02/06
Military Salute--Lance Cpl. Joshua Langham
WTOC

As an aviation electrician with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 1-22, Lance Cpl. Joshua Langham helps to keep jets flying. It's a job he does with pride.

"I joined the Marines after a year of college," he told us. "Best thing I ever did. It's more than a job, it's a way of life. I enjoy what I do and it's great."

But that's not all Lance Cpl. Langham has to celebrate. Last month, he won OC Welch's Military Appreciation Sweepstakes. The grand prize? A new 2006 Ford Focus.

He says it made him feel blessed. "Extremely blessed. God is definitely there and he takes care of people."

But instead of keeping it for himself, Lance Cpl. Langham drove it 1,000 miles to hand deliver it to someone very special in Beaumont, Texas.

"I already had a nice truck as it is, and I win this new car," he said. "It was like a blessing from God. It would have been greedy to keep it for myself, so I gave it to someone I knew needed it, my mother. It makes me feel good and it's definitely what God would have wanted me to do with it."

Langham says it's payback for everything his mother did for him and his sisters. "She was a single parent, raised three kids. It's just nice being able to give something back to her. All the rewards she gave to us, it's nice to be able to give back to her."

For all this young Marine has done for his mother and his country, we at WTOC salute Lance Cpl. Joshua Langham.

Reported by: Jaime Dailey, jdailey@wtoc.com

Ellie