PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thedrifter
11-27-02, 07:34 AM
http://www.angelwinks.net/images/thanksgiving/tg29.jpg

Thanksgiving is a time for thinking of those who are a special
part of our lives and have a special place in our hearts...
Being family isn't so much a matter of time, as a matter of the heart...
And you'll always have a special place in the hearts of this family.
That's why Thanksgiving is a time for thinking of all my friends and Family....
Be Safe and God Bless.......
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sempers,

Roger and Ellie

and My Marine Brats....

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/thanksgiving/tg74.jpg

Gary
11-27-02, 01:00 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!!!to you too Roger

Lock-n-Load
11-27-02, 04:10 PM
Hey Drifter and Gary and also to Jerry and the Staff....Happy Turkey Day...Jerry it was darn swell of you for the E-Card...didn't go unnoticed, Marine...Drifter knows what I'm about to say, " Being a survivor of our WARS and all the decades past, each family holiday measures up greater than the last one...we know just how fortunate we are to be...all present and accounted for...Marines...have a great one"!!!:marine: :marine: :marine: Semper Fidelis

wrbones
11-27-02, 04:23 PM
It's Thanksgiving? Damn. Another holiday!;)

Have a good time visiting with yer family folks! Relax, overeat, take a nap, watch some football, play a bit of touch footbal in the snow, the wet, the cold...do it all again!

Have fun, folks!

Semper Fidelis, Marines!

Tude
11-27-02, 04:38 PM
And many more Thanksgivings to all My Marine Brothers and

Sisters and all their friends and Families.

DON'T DRINK and DRIVE.

God Bless All of Us
Jimmy / Tude

JAMarine
11-27-02, 05:43 PM
From JAM and Family, Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Special Thanks to Shaffer (Gerald) and Drifter (Roger) for all the hard work that goes into keeping this Site up, running and The Best Damn Home A Marine Could Ever Hope For! Also a special Thanks to all the Moderators that Keep Watch. Good Job All.

I must admit I am Blessed. A Wonderful/Beautiful Wife, Good Looking Kids, A Roof Over Our Heads and Love.

Also Most Blessed to have a Family Here within Leatherneck. Thanks for taking this Marine in 3 years ago (I'm refering to the Family not the site in this case). It's Great to have this Family and Brotherhood.

Semper Fi Marines.

Barndog
11-27-02, 08:45 PM
A note to preface this:

My wife's Dad had triple bypass surgery yesterday afternoon. So far, things appear OK. I called upon my Brother Bones, to ensure that Dad had his proper military rights when his time came. He was drafted during Korea.
I will leave that at that.
But, I got the books the wife got me for my birthday - Chesty, and the 'Fellowship of Valor' - AKA "The Battle History of the US Marines" - which I also have on VCR tape.
It hasn't been a real couple of good days around the ol Barndog homestead, obviously, but sh!t happens. I wish each and everyone of you Peace and Happy Thanksgiving to all of yours...
and to all of my Brothers and Sisters.

I choose to leave this, from the ' Fellowship of Valor'

(I read this once today, and passed it around to my Vet friends ..... I could recite it from that one reading)

(quote)

Two United States Marines were among the 168 people killed by the terrorist bomb that destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. ( OK City, April 1995)
The Federal Emergency Management Agency deployed teams of firemen and police officers from New York City to help search the rubble for survivors and recover the dead. Several of these volunteers were Marine Reservists or former Marines ( there are no "ex-Marines").
Police Officer Michael Curtin, a Marine First Sergeant in the reserves, discovered a body pinned in the wreckage wearing the blue trousers with the distinctive "blood stripe" of a Marine. He knew that he had found the missing remains of Captain Randolph Guzman, executive officer of the recruiting station.
Curtin asked permission to retrieve Captain Guzman's body - dangerous, laborious work. He found three other former Marines to lend a hand.
Manny Hernandez, another police officer said, " it was something that I had to do. I had a squad in 'Nam, and whenever we lost a Marine, he was never left behind. We take care of our own."
The Marines worked five hours with electric jackhammers to free the Captain's remains. Someone provided a body bag.
Hernandez knelt and closed the dead Marine's eyes - " for the glory of God" , he said, " and the glory of the Corps." Word somehow passed around the site that the Marines were bringing out one of their own. An Air Force officer provided an American flag. Officer Curtin draped it over the body, and the men worked their way clear of the building with their burden.

Curtin was stunned at what he saw outside. " It was completely quiet. Cranes stopped, rescuers stopped, people lined the street. Everyone was watching in silence as we brought our Marine out." The workers formed a corridor, removed their hard hats, bowed their heads. The Veterans in the crowd saluted, tears in their eyes.

Said Officer Hernandez, swept with emotion, " WE ARE A BAND OF BROTHERS."

Captain Guzman was in good, ever-faithful hands.

Semper Fidelis

(end quote)

CAS3
11-28-02, 07:05 AM
Wishing my family here a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.
Bardngog, your father in law is in my prayers.

I will not be with my family this year (yeah, big surprise, I am the Black Sheep)!!! but I am cooking the traditional bird and watching THE game. I will toast you all when the time comes.

God Bless
Semper Fi,
Colleen

thedrifter
11-28-02, 07:38 AM
Received From this Poem from some friends by e-mail. We wanted to share it with you all.

Sempers,

Roger and Ellie

> > 'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
> >
> > I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
> >
> > The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
> >
> > But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
> >
> > Tossing and turning with anticipation,
> >
> > The thought of a snack became infatuation.
> >
> > So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,
> >
> > And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
> >
> > I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
> >
> > Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
> >
> > I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
> >
> > 'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
> >
> > I crashd through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
> >
> > With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of piel
> >
> > But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
> >
> > Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries, please.
> >
> > May your stuffing be tasty, your turkey be plump.
> >
> > Your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump.
> >
> > May your yams be delicious, your pies take the prize.
> >
> > May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!
> >
> > Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Jim Reynolds
11-28-02, 08:38 AM
To all of my Marine brothers (and sisters),

Jim Reynolds
11-28-02, 08:42 AM
To all of my Marine brothers (and sisters), Happy Thanksgiving, and be thankful that this country has the United States Marine Corps

leroy8541
11-28-02, 09:01 AM
Happy Turkey Day God Bless All

Don't forget all the brothers and sisters that are out in harms way, in your prayers on this Thanksgiving Day!