PDA

View Full Version : SS Alive at Mail Call

ChuckC
11-26-02, 01:30 PM
The website for R. Lee Ermey is undoubtedly the best place to go see the sicko wannabee
marines. you must go to this site, if only for a good laugh. They have staff with ranks all
the way to Commandant. Those serving have what amounts to a second job, for which
they are paid nothing. The chat is not to be believed. Shouts of “Attention on Deck” ring
through it. Their leader, who styles himself as Riding Thunder, RT. for short, (Four Stars)
claims to be a Nam vet. The trouble is his profile says he is 45. Do the math. He could not
have possibly served in the RVN, no matter how much he lied about his age.If you are on
staff you can be court-martialed by these ersatz Nazi’s. The Privacy Act has no truck here,
they read all communications, even those which are supposed to be private.They claim that
Gunny Ermey comes to chat and talks with the members. I could find no one who had ever
talked to the Gunny. Kind of strange since it claims to be his site.
I think you will agree with me that these kinds of sites do nothing positive for the Corps.
They are a vain attempt to get money out of marines Monumental rip-off is what to expect
from this Website for losers and Lame-O’s

JinxJr
11-26-02, 01:34 PM
OK Skipper, what's the URL ?

ChuckC
11-26-02, 01:41 PM
Here it is www.rleeermey.net

gunnyg
11-26-02, 01:49 PM
Skipper:
I appreciate your opinion on this matter as it closely resembles my own.

Further, I cannot understand why Marines in general, and the Marine Corps specifically, would want to in any way endorse Ermey.

No. 1--he is not a gunnery sergeant!

2. His image is a throwback to Hollyweird's pre--WW II idea of a sergeant--big, loudmouth and dumb.--OK, throw in vulgar in the extreme...
During my time in the Corps--52-72--the Marine Corps emphasised persuasive leadership over the authoritative leadership of the old school--people should have been able to distinguish between the two by now.

Why do I say he is not a GySgt?

He was, apparently, according to an article in Leatherneck, awarded an "honorary" promotion to GySgt--certainly not the same thing as a GySgt--remember, you can buy honorary doctorate degrees on the Internet.

Only problem is--there's no such thing as an honorary promotion in the Marine Corps.

here is a reference on that--thanx to one of the members here at Leatherneck.com....

Ref

MARINE CORPS ORDER P1400.32C

Subj: MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS
(SHORT TITLE: MARCORPROMMAN, VOL 2, ENLPROM)

5. There are no provisions to issue a temporary, honorary or
probationary enlisted appointment.

Semper Fidelis,
Dick Gaines

JinxJr
11-26-02, 01:51 PM
The Home Page was all I needed to see. That can't be mistaken for anything other than a marketing scam to seperate fools from their money. No Marine worth their salt could believe that a Marine set that waste site up.

gunnyg
11-26-02, 01:56 PM
OK--here's the Leatherneck article on the non-existent "honorary" promotion!!!!!

http://www.mca-marines.org/Leatherneck/ErmeyArch.htm

JinxJr
11-26-02, 02:22 PM
What I want to know is...How did that get past the good folks at Leatherneck ? If this is all a hoax, Leatherneck usually does a fair job of pointing that out. If they did, in fact cover this story, lots of folks dropped the ball by giving this guy undeserved press. He was a Marine and that counts for something in my book unless he's using the Corps for personal gain. There just seems to be a lot in there that doesn't mesh.

gunnyg
11-26-02, 02:35 PM
Ahem....I don't think Leatherneck would care to point out that there is no such thing as an honorary promotion, especially when it is the CMC himself awarding the honorary promotion.......

DickG

JinxJr
11-26-02, 02:40 PM
Alrighty then...point taken. Gee, it's good to be King !