PDA

View Full Version : JFK, RFK and Now ... Harry Whittington?

thedrifter
02-19-06, 09:34 AM
JFK, RFK and Now ... Harry Whittington?
by Patrick Hurley
Posted Feb 19, 2006

As I sat in the Phoenix airport Friday afternoon, I heard the breathless excitement of CNN intruding on my consciousness. Did we invade North Korea? Did Ariel Sharon die? Had Iran finally dropped a nuclear bomb on Israel? Those stories pale in comparison to the liberal media’s latest life or death breaking news flash…

VICE-PRESIDENT DICK CHENEY HAD AGREED TO AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH FOX NEWS CONCERNING THE SHOOTING OF HIS HUNTING MATE, HARRY WHITTINGTON!

Stop the presses! This developing news bulleting went on to detail the horrifying tragedy that Cheney was circumventing the White House press corps and further frustrating the press in their attempts to make a NON-news story the second coming of Watergate. The reporters and the anchors for the three major networks and, CNN, are in a lather that they are being avoided when they should be adored for their standing in this development. As the insanely and narcissistic stalker woman played by Glenn Close vowed to Michael Douglas, the husband who had recognized that she was as daffy as she was dangerous, “Dan, I will NOT be ignored!” Had she not died in that bathtub, I think she would have fit right in at ABC News.

Let’s try to follow the context here, shall we?

The first major incident involving a gun and a Vice-President was the duel between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr.
Vice-President Burr won that gun battle as Hamilton fell dead. Since that tragic confrontation we have seen several Presidents assassinated, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy. We have also lost several other prominent Americans to gunfire notably, Dr. Martin Luther King and Senator Robert Kennedy. In addition, Presidents Truman and Reagan were the targets of death plots and Governor George Wallace was paralyzed from being shot in Maryland during his bid for the 1972 Presidency.

But, the way the press is running around the airwaves like out of control birdshot, all of those historical tragedies are a walk in the park for the heinous crime committed by the current Vice-President of the United States. That crime was NOT the accidental shooting of hunting pal, Harry Whittington, no; it was the fact that Dick Cheney did not come forward immediately and tell the almighty news services of this country that he had mistaken his buddy boy for a giant quail.

In other words, the liberal press feels slighted that they are not in the loop by a high-ranking official in the Bush administration. This is not about the news or a tragedy; this is about media ego. The Fourth Estate has finally revealed itself for what it has been trying to hide all along….not, the noble mouthpiece of truth, justice and the American Way, but rather the mean, petty gossip monger that cannot stand President Bush and Richard Cheney and never will. If this was not so blatantly childish, it would be hilarious. But, these are grown men and women on our networks pouting and finger-pointing like a pack of junior highers in the bathroom at a school dance. I used to have a lot of respect for Elizabeth Vargas until I watched her slitting her eyes to the correspondent at the White House as if Vice-President Cheney had just committed the unpardonable sin. She and the on-site reporter carried on like the pathetic wenches in the movie, “Mean Girls,” as if we tuned in to her newscast to be a part of her liberal angst that NO ONE has the right to stonewall the almighty media.

Watching Ms. Vargas’s immaturity on camera made me proud to be a conservative. More importantly, it made me proud to be an American. How dare the press in this country demand that everyone follow their agenda just because they say so! Where has the respect gone for the two top executive officials in our Republic? It would be one thing if the President or the Vice-President of the United States had done something willfully illegal. It is quite another when an accident occurs between two good friends on a hunting trip. Are the Democrats and their liberal operatives THAT desperate to play on a tragedy that involves two men who can work it out between themselves without the drama of comparing this waylaid grouping of pellets to a front page news story that MUST be explained to voyeuristic journalists who have nothing better to do than carp like magpies over a crime that was not committed, an act that is insignificant in its long-term outcome and a follow-up that is between two hunters and no one else’s business, especially all the Woodward, Bernstein and Cronkite wannabes who are salivating at the possibility of being a STAR!

You are not a star. You are not even the headline on page two. You are not even a news story. You are a member of the press corps who is lucky enough to cover the White House or an anchor on a national broadcasting network. You have done little in your life to deserve the righteous indignation you are screaming about here. Get over yourself. Go get a real job or, at the very least, start doing your job. You owe that to your bosses, your company, your country and your conscience. When a REAL news item breaks, we will all make a promise to you that you will be one of the first to know about it.

Until then, say a prayer for the full recovery of Harry Whittington and go hug a quail.

Ellie