PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Documentary, Gysgt Rleermey Ret.

redneck13
02-18-06, 04:44 PM
:yes: I don't know if anyone else watched the "history channel"" last eve., but I did.
I think it was the best Vietnam War Documentary I've ever seen. Gunny Ermy, did an outstanding job, tellin' not only his story but the story of the entire war. How it was done, how politic's got involved. How Westmoreland, God Bless his Son, sent Marine's to Khe Sahn, not to take but to sit and wait until Charlie came. This was against every Marine's training. Marine's don't protect or wait for the enemy comes. Marine's go get the lil rice propelled pukes. Hue, to the Hanoi Hilton/POW's, to the last man Marine off the roof of the embassy, to the Wall in DC, to polish the EGA, what was accomplished, not done so well. One subject that hit home with me was....The medical personnel. I.E. "Doc's" for the Corps. Naval Corpsman. I had one that was the best. They were truely hero's, along with all the Women Nurses who served and it was just one great piece. Gunny can get a little radical sometime's, which just fire's me up. This show? He was all honor dignity to "All" branche's of the Armed forces. Marine's were the first in, the last out. Msgt, Valdez, April 30th 1975, was the last Marine to leave South Vietnam from atop the Roof of the embassay in Saigon. It made me feel proud to have served my country after watching this. It made me feel good, that we didn't fail.
It made me cry remembering the brother's sister's who gave their lives.
I hope all, even one's who weren't there, can watch it, maybe even order it, cause it's very educational. SF.

Sgt Sostand
02-18-06, 05:24 PM
Yes it was good

Sgt0811
02-18-06, 05:39 PM
:marine:

I recorded it on my DVR and watched it later. I thought it was good too.
When he opened I told my wife that he was on RED beach. Shortly thereafter he said that he was. My wife asked how I knew. Told her that I landed there 8 March 65.

GySgtRet
02-18-06, 07:53 PM
I wathced the Gunny on this program. All I can say is that I was in awe..The commercials couldn't get over fast enough. I didn't serve during Viet Nam (not in country) not that I didn't want to it just didn't happen for me. I learned a lot about what happened I am always interested in learning more about it. I lived through it and others died in it. I am eternaly greatful for those that served and those that serve now. God Bless them all.

us_marine0311
02-19-06, 05:41 AM
I Watched Most Of What I Caught,but From What I Have Seen That Makes Me Even More Prouder Not Only To Serve My Country But Be A U.S. Marine,we Are The Few And The Proud,we Have Undertook Things They Other People Fanthom Or Wish They Could Do, Semper Fi

redneck13
02-19-06, 08:10 AM
I just want to say to those who responded...."WHOW!!" I'm so glad ya'll watched it, and your comments were outdamnstanding. SF by Brother's.