PDA

View Full Version : 1STSGT Castle deserves M.O.H.

gonzo7679
02-13-06, 06:31 PM
To my fellow MARINES,We have a active duty Marine who was injured 1 yr ago in Iraq,1STSGT Castle saved the lifes of his men while being shot 7x's,rolling on another Marine to sheild him from a gernade.Iowa politicians have made him IOWA's Hero and rightly so,this man/Marine has been nominated for the CMOH,our countries highest honor,hopefully they wont wait to give it to this Marine/man/hero after he's dead,not just because I'm a fellow Iowan(Dont know the man),But because he's a MARINE he went above and beyond the call of DUTY and risk his life for his men.He is working out 6-7 hrs. a day to rehabilitate his injuries and return to what he loves,BEING A MARINE/ACTIVE DUTY.I hope those that read THIS AND REMEMBER THIS MAN/MARINE and how he sacraficed his own saftey for the saftey of his men,write there congressmen,senators and ask them to push this thru to our fearless leader(Bush)and I use the term fearless lightly.Lets get this president to do the right thing and for the right reason and to the right Man.

SEMPER FI

yellowwing
02-13-06, 09:27 PM
1st Sgt Kasal has for sure been nominated? That would be OUSTANDING news :marine:

Semper Fi

gonzo7679
02-13-06, 10:09 PM
If my spelling is incorrect of the Hero's last name I apologize,I best get my spelling correct of our future CMOH winner

Cole11
02-14-06, 02:44 AM
I agree with you Corporal, I hope that the process for him to be presented with the MOH doesnt take forever. Semper Fi 1st Sgt.

MillRatUSMC
02-14-06, 04:26 AM
It's isn't what we wanted, two eye witness have to write him up and than the process beginnings.
He than becomes a recipient of the Medal of Honor.
One does not win that medal.
From all the reports one reads, he sure should be a recipient of the Medal of Honor.

From a page on the web;

While Kasal and a young Pfc. Alexander Nicoll were taking out the insurgent behind the wall, another one with an AK hiding on the stairs to the second floor began firing at the Marines on full automatic. “That’s when I went down, along with one of my Marines (Nicoll). Then I noticed the hand grenade.”

It was a green pineapple grenade, Kasal said. It flew into the room out of nowhere and landed near the two downed men. Kasal now believes that other Marines who were watching their back left the room for reasons he still doesn't’t know and an insurgent was able to somehow get behind him.

Kasal said his first instinct was to protect the young Marine lying bloody beside him. He covered the young man with his body and took the full brunt of shrapnel to his back when the grenade exploded. Kasal’s body armor and helmet protected his vital organs but the shrapnel penetrated the exposed portions of his shoulders, back, and legs, causing him to bleed profusely.

The above is enough IMHO to make 1st Sgt. Kasal a recipient of the Medal of Honor.

Some get their due right away, others might take 30 years or more but sooner or later they do the right thing.

I hope and pray that two eye witness have written up 1st. Kasal.

gonzo7679
02-14-06, 05:21 PM
I watched the local news last night and seen 1stSGT kasal's standing tall and proud in front of the Iowa senate,myself I have sent off letters to Senators Harkin(Ia.) and Grassley(Ia.) asking them to get the other croonies up there on capital hill to kick it in high gear and get that man his medal(CMOH) I heard the journalist say SGTMAJ Kasal,did anyone by chance catch it on your local channels where ever you live,was he selected for SGTMAJ or did I hear wrong.My BAND OF BROTHERS NEED TO GET THE WORD OUT TO THERE CONGRESSMEN,SENATORS, and if you really feel froggy,send one off to our Commander in chief,tell him to put that medal around that mans neck and for him to stand tall and salute a MOH winner................