PDA

View Full Version : Jones, Marines set to advance on South Boston Speedway in 2006

thedrifter
02-08-06, 08:19 AM
South Boston Speedway
Wednesday, February 8, 2006
Jones, Marines set to advance on South Boston Speedway in 2006

by Charles Knapp, Team Marines

SOUTH BOSTON, Va. -- Officials for the United States Marine Corps announced today that they are ready to advance on South Boston Speedway in 2006. In a fulltime partnership with Lynchburg, Virginia based LCS Motorsports and driver Chris Jones, the Team Marines Monte Carlo will compete in the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Late Model Stock Car Division at the fabled South Boston Speedway. Jones, 2005 NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Late Model Rookie of the Year at Motor Mile Speedway, is charging full speed into competition with the best of the best in Regional NASCAR competition. South Boston Speedway proudly stands atop the Weekly Series ranks and is home to the 2005 NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series National Championship. Team Marines is proud to support Chris Jones, LCS Motorsports and the fans at South Boston Speedway. “We’ve had success with our NASCAR Busch Series program”, says Marines liaison Sgt. Roberson, “this will be our first attempt at working with a promising driver in the local, grassroots ranks of racing. We are proud to support Chris Jones and the LCS Motorsports team. We are confident that our presence at the track will be beneficial to the community and to potential Marines everywhere.” “This is a great opportunity for me”, says Team Marines driver Chris Jones, “to be able to compete at one of the premiere tracks in NASCAR weekly competition is very important. There are several drivers who started at South Boston racing in NEXTEL Cup and the BUSCH Series. I’ve set my goals on being there someday and with the Marines on my side, I know we can make it happen.”

Jones and his Team Marines Chevrolet Monte Carlo will be taking to the track for the entire 19 races at South Boston. In addition to racing his late model stock car, Jones will be participating in several Marine Corps events throughout the region. For more information about the United States Marine Corps and it’s current mission log on to www.marines.com or 1-800-MARINES. THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES.

Ellie