PDA

View Full Version : A New Devildog is Born

kentmitchell
02-06-06, 08:25 AM
My grandson, T.J. Olver, made the grade last Friday, graduating as a squad leader in Platoon 3014 with a meritorius promotion to PFC.
His grandfather ('56) and uncle ('85)were just glad to get off Parris Island alive, forget any promotions for us.
For a look at a Marine family, check out:
http://webpages.charter.net/jolver/HomePage.html
The page was created by T.J.'s daddy, an air force veteran of 20 years who is still on duty in the Georgia ANG. He should be a master sgt anytime now.
Semper effing Fi and Gung effing Ho

thedrifter
02-06-06, 08:30 AM
Congratulations! Proud Grandpop!

The tradition carries on..

Nice family there too;)

Ellie

GySgtRet
02-06-06, 08:37 AM
Congratulations. A good looking family. Great traditions run deep in your family.

Semper Fidelis

rsta
02-06-06, 05:51 PM
Congratulations, Grandpa on a proud Marine family. Great pictures of all of them.

SurferDave
02-06-06, 06:48 PM
Congradulations T.J., and to his parents and Papa for raising a fine young Marine. I graduated 3069 in 1982, 2nd squad leader. Short of the birth of my two sons, the proudest day of my life...to date. I have to admit, my esprit de corps seems to be taking hold in my 11 and 14 year-old sons. Sometimes to my own fears as a father, I fell I should shut-up. Yet, no prouder can a Marine father be than for his son to succeed as you have. I'm sure you know that.

Best wishes to you T.J. and Simper Fidelis.
Sincerely, David C. Jones