PDA

View Full Version : Commandant @ State of Union Address

lovdog
02-05-06, 12:52 PM
I looked at the Commandant during the State of the Union Address this past week , accompanied by General Pace. When they stood up and were side by side, I noticed that the Commandant only wore his ribbons - and it looked like a round metal over his left pocket?? General Pace wore his Rifle and Pistol Metals and had Wings above his ribbons. The Commandant wore no medals at all that I saw - just his ribbons. I was just wondering what the reason was for this or is this just protocol for "his" military dress?? Whatever the reason, our Commandant is one impressive Marine - with that physique and tough-ass look there is no doubt that they have a leader of men in their presence - Congress should feel blessed!!

yellowwing
02-05-06, 01:07 PM
The Commandant of the Marine Corps is one tough mother ****er! He is the leader of 160,000 screaming maniacs. That decoration over his left pocket is the Presidential Service Badge.

thedrifter
02-05-06, 01:14 PM
I met the Commandant this summer when he came down for the Beruit memorial for the service that Jacksonville has every year.

Pace my hubby met..

A Marine's Marine in my book

Ellie

Lorix
02-05-06, 04:58 PM
I went through the ribbons the Commandant is wearing, but I can't find what the blue, white, yellow, and red (the one to the left of the National Defense Ribbon) is. I've browsed the internet, but no site has that ribbon. Can anyone tell me the name of that ribbon?

yellowwing
02-05-06, 05:12 PM
National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal is a decoration of the National Intelligence Agency of the United States of America which has existed since the 1960s. The decoration is awarded to any member of the National Intelligence Agency, either civilian or military, who distinguishes themselves by meritorious actions to the betterment of national security in the United States of America.

The National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal is considered junior to the older National Security Medal. In the 21st century, the National Security Medal is rarely issued and most persons qualifying for the decoration receive National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal in lieu.

Due to the prestige of the National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal, and the large amount of bestowals to United States armed forces military personnel, the National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal is an authorized military decoration for display on active duty U.S. military uniforms.

Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Intelligence_Distinguished_Service_Medal
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/NIA_Dist_Svc.jpeg

Lorix
02-05-06, 05:25 PM
Thanks! That helped.