PDA

View Full Version : The Soviet Bear

yellowwing
02-03-06, 02:30 PM
Those of us that served during the Cold War days still know the difference between a Soviet BTR and BMP. We trained hard to eliminate the occupants inside such combat vehicles.

241 of our Brother Marines and Corpsmen were killed in Lebanon while we held a knife to the throat of the bear. That was 23 years ago.

The threat of the Soviets are long gone. We are now engaged in the same folks that killed our 241 Brethren.

We stood fast against the old commie threat. Every swinging d*ck woke up and knew his job was to defeat those SOBs. Every drop of sweat and blood was dedicated to defeating them.

This is a warning to Iran and Syria. We kicked the ass of an enemy that was twice worth what you can muster.

lovdog
02-03-06, 05:00 PM
Yellowwing: I hear what you're saying about Russia and the ones that "act out" the communist philosopy! I just hope that the Bear remains hibernating for a long time. All they need is another nut case like Stalin and were back to square one again - there are still some hardliners in place I imagine, lurking in the shadows. Don't forget that Putin was once a good ol' KGB man himself. Even in the USA here, the Russian Mafia is one of the most feared groups to surface in the last 20 years - some of those guys make Al Capone look like a choir boy, and they seem to prey most on their own people!! Maybe our biggest problem right now is our US Military is trying to cover too many "fronts" at one time - seems like when you get hold of one problem, another comes to the supper table, uninvited!! Where are we now - in 38 different countries?? I just hope that you are correct in your assumption that the Bear, who seems friendly now - doesn't bite us in the butt when are back is turned solving another country's problem. Let us not forget the lessons of what our history has taught - lest we pay the price once again with our blood. SF

greensideout
02-03-06, 08:56 PM
The Bear is alive and well. Currently it is feeding Iran with the ability to make nukes to distroy Israel. These nukes will also be passed on by Iran to others of their belief that would distroy America's way of life.
Do not rest thinking that the Soviet Union is out of the game. They may be down, but they are not out!