PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 weeks, 3 inches off waist, 7 percentage points bodyfat lost

Jarhed
02-02-06, 11:16 AM
Dont EVER tell me it cant be done!!!
:D

Completely freaked out the Corpsman and my PSR! He's bugging me now trying to figure out how I did it. Package goes to HQ on Monday and when approved, I will officially be a Sgt Pogue (Admin) Pigservist in Encino, CA.

Gotta find another unit to xfer to.

thedrifter
02-02-06, 11:23 AM
Outstanding and Congrat's Marine!

Ellie aka(Fontwoman);)

Jarhed
02-02-06, 11:50 AM
Outstanding and Congrat's Marine!

Ellie aka(Fontwoman);)

Thanks Ellie! :banana:

I'm on a "BRAGGING" spree right now. :D

thedrifter
02-02-06, 11:54 AM
I would be to with what You accomplished..

Ellie

jgorosco
02-02-06, 11:55 AM
Jarhead whats your Secret? Us Fatbody's want to know. Congrats to you by the way.

Jarhed
02-02-06, 12:02 PM
Jarhead whats your Secret? Us Fatbody's want to know. Congrats to you by the way.

Thanks Jason!

No real secret, I just got pizzed off two weeks ago during my weigh-in/measurement at the PSR's office. I wasnt used to sucking in my gut and didnt know how to do it properly with the very strict Chief that was measuring me. Completely forgot to compress my neck. I was also a little "pudgy", no doubt. They measured me at 23% by MC standards. I was 16% last night (about 11% in "real world" standards).

I hired a personal trainer THAT NIGHT at the gym and told him flat out: "I'm pizzed off and here's where I want to be in two weeks:". I showed him the Marine Corps bodyfat chart and how to calculate it, I showed him the exercises I had been doing already, and told him: "no matter what you normally do to your clients here at 24 hour fitness, I need for you to PUSH me. That means KICKING MY AZZ for the next two weeks!"

He changed my exercises to get me out of my comfort zone, and increased the intensity tenfold by pushing me. As you all well know, you can only get to a certain level of intensity without a workout partner. Someone pushing you to that last failure rep will burn calories EN MASSE. Cleaned out the diet some more, got decent sleep, and worked out 6 days per week. It hurt. A LOT. There is never any way to escape pain when you want to do something. Totally worth it. I was motivated every workout and no matter how much it hurt, I kept going and telling myself "THIS IS WORTH IT". Pain is good anyway. Motivatin stuff!!

Cant stop now. I'm 41 years old and I'm staring down the barrel of a PFT later this year if my package is approved. Also staring down the possibility of getting back to a Reserve unit (3rd CAG) to go along with them on their deployment in a few months.

Osotogary
02-02-06, 12:51 PM
Terrific news! Good work and, certainly, congratulations.

Jarhed
02-03-06, 09:53 AM
Terrific news! Good work and, certainly, congratulations.

Thanks!! Not over until I take that oath again, but I'm still working out, now trying to get my run time way down. Man, what a sweet victory! :banana: