PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Young's wife says she was ejected from State of the Union

thedrifter
02-01-06, 07:31 AM
Rep. Young's wife says she was ejected from State of the Union
Gainesville Sun

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. The wife of Rep. C.W. Bill Young said she was ejected during President Bush's State of the Union address for wearing a T-shirt that said, "Support the Troops Defending Our Freedom," a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Beverly Young said she was sitting in the front row of the House gallery Tuesday night when she was approached by someone who told her she needed to leave, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

After reluctantly agreeing, she said, she argued with several officers in an outside hallway.

"They said I was protesting," she said in a telephone interview with the newspaper Tuesday. "I said, 'Read my shirt, it is not a protest.' They said, 'We consider that a protest.' I said, 'Then you are an idiot.'"

Capitol Police disagreed with Young's account of the incident.

"She was not ejected from the gallery. She did leave on her own," said Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, who said she could not provide further information.

Young, 50, said her shirt is a message of support for U.S. soldiers and Marines. She often wears such T-shirts when she visits her husband, a Republican from Indian Shores, at the Capitol, as well as troops who have been wounded.

Rep. Young found out about the incident after Bush's speech.

"I just called for the chief of police and asked him to get his little tail over here," Young said. "This is not acceptable."

Ellie

thedrifter
02-01-06, 07:38 AM
She is the one who invited Cindy Sheehan

Makes you wonder :confused:

Ellie

dgallagher
02-01-06, 08:16 AM
CNN
"Sheehan, who became a vocal war opponent after her son was killed in Iraq, was an invited guest of Rep. Lynn Woolsey, D-California, who has called for a withdrawal of troops in Iraq and supports legislation for the creation of a Department of Peace."

This lady visits the military at hospitals, donates phone cards and even takes them to lunch/dinner. She is a nice lady.

dg

OLE SARG
02-01-06, 09:24 AM
Sheehan is a certified NUT and a tool of the extreme left!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

dgallagher
02-01-06, 10:06 AM
I guess I should have been clearer! Beverly Young, wife of the FL Rep. is a nice lady; Sheehan is a glory hungry imbecile!

dg