PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Day yesterday

devilpup2B
11-21-02, 10:05 AM
Finally got ahold of my dad on the phone Tuesday night. He thanks you all for the prayers. He's really lonely, but otherwise okay. We're making plans to someday build a truck. Kinda hard, since we on different sides of the country, but we hope to start getting things together this summer, after I graduate. We'll see what happens. And thank you for your prayers!

Also, talked to the army recruiter yesterday. Wow, that was interesting. My grandma made me so that she knows I'm "exploring my options." She just wants me to join the army, not the Marines. Oh well. Two things the recruiter did to put me off. First of all, he told me when I saw him at school, "We are the branch of the military that takes those people that no one else wants." Oh, thanks. So now no one wants me? Then today he says, "Most girls get sent to Ft. Jackson. We call it Relaxin' Jackson, because it's pretty easy." Lovely. So, not only do people get sent to different boot camps, depending on their MOS, but the girls get the easy one. No way, Jose! Why settle for second best when you can aim for Number 1? Heck no! Not this pup. So he kinda screwed himself over when he said those things. Just wanted to vent about recruiters for a bit.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled reading.

Seeley
11-21-02, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by devilpup2B
"We are the branch of the military that takes those people that no one else wants."

They took my dad that should say something LOL. My dad was in for 12 years and figured out that the army was a load of crap and he retiered.

wrbones
11-21-02, 10:14 AM
Pup. All I can do is shake my head and smile. That boy ain't the brightest bulb on the christmas tree is he! lol.

Barndog
11-21-02, 11:17 AM
Kind of like the last 4 Marine Recruiters I talked with. They are housed in an office complex - with the army up front. Of course, as ALWAYS, Marines get whats left over.

But, knowing from my tenure in the Corps.... these Fine Marines clearly stated (as any of US would)

'them army guys up front........ they happened to walk into the wrong office one day'. To which I replied.. " If anyone could join the Marines.... it wouldn't be the Marines would it?"

Semper FI

JinxJr
11-21-02, 02:59 PM
I was a Recruiter for a couple of years and put more kids in the Army than I did in the Corps. Know why ? I didn't want them !

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

Sparrowhawk
11-21-02, 03:32 PM
devilpup2B, the ARMY CAN't take you

do you want to know why?

Because they have that one fellow already

.and it is

Only

An Army of ONE!
.LOL

devilpup2B
11-22-02, 04:11 PM
LOL@Sparrow...Yeah, I'd have to agree. The recruiters got all excited because I was wearing a camoflauge shirt that says, "Ha, now you can't see me" on it. Now if I had walked into the Marine office wearing that, they probably would have told me, "Hey, go home, change, then maybe you can come back and talk to me." It's great. :) Gotta love Marines.

Static_Sky
11-22-02, 06:44 PM
since we're on the subject of recruiting.... I work in my schools office and I'm always hookin up my recruiter with our alotted military recruitment time, well I was sick for like a week and the kid that replaced me is all about the Navy.... so here I am sitting there waiting on my recruiter to show up last tuesday, and this Navy recruiter (belive he was an E-4/E-5) walks in (joe's confused :confused:) tells me he's here for a carrer talk.... well about this time my Ssgt walks in in full blues (meanwhile the navy recruiter is in that goofy lookin black uniform) well everyones favorite swabbie wants to talk to the principal, he walks in the principal takes one look at him and decides the Marine can go first (hey works for me)........ but we're not through yet.... my Ssgt finishes his discussion and I help him clear his display and set up at another part of the room, during this time the Navy recruiter is setting up (his "poolee's" [not sure what they call them] are sittin on their butts) he's got a few nicely built jet models, great good on right? Wrong, I ask what one of the planes were (knowing full well it was a Tomcat (F-14) he didn't know!, well I figgure one ehh I'll let that one slide so then my Ssgt pipes up and asks the fella if navy and Marine birds fly from the same ships (place deer in headlights look here) and he says no :eek: one of his "poolee's" had to correct him on this, needless to say we got more names then the Navy that day (even a few of his lol);)