PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: re "E-Mail This Page".....

gunnyg
11-19-02, 03:03 PM
When I select this feature here at Open Squad Bay, and send the topic to my own e-mail addy, can I then forward it on to selected addys from my address book, and then can they click on that link and read/view that topic here w/o being required to register/password, etc.???

Dick G

Shaffer
11-19-02, 03:32 PM
You can email any thread to anyone you like. However if they are not a registered member they will not be able to view the actual post. They will be prompted to register. Only after they have registered will they be able to view the thread.

Hope that helps ya!

Semper Fi,
Jerry

gunnyg
11-19-02, 03:39 PM
Ah so!
I misinterpreted--I assumed (there I go again) that it was a way of introducing others to the site, just gently easing them in and getting their feet wet--I tried this over at Sgt Grit's, and I got mail back from those I had e-mailed to saying they were being asked for a password--entirely my fault.

To make matters worse, these boards don't want to e-mail to Hotmail (that's where my good address book is), or, maybe hotmail just won't send them on to me (too long maybe)--anyway I'm just a novice when it comes to these cyber-mysteries!

Thanx for the explanation.

Best wishes,
DickG

wrbones
11-19-02, 06:15 PM
cyber mysteries? Hell, I thought it was all magic!

I was never any good at mysteries..... magic however....Well, you'll have to ask the ladies about that!;)