PDA

View Full Version : The Hunter And His Dog

thedrifter
01-20-06, 08:07 AM
The Hunter And His Dog
Elder George Says

A hunter and his dog went deep into the woods in search of game. After the first day passed they had not caught any game. After the second day passed they again did not catch anything. They could quench their thirst form the water in the streams, but they had nothing to eat and became very hungry. After the third day passed they still had not caught any game. Their hunger increased. Sitting around the campfire that night the hunter looked at the long tail of his dog and thought it would make a tasty snack that would relieve his hunger. He took out his knife and cut his dog’s tail off leaving just a small stump. He cooked the tail in a pot of water that hung over the campfire. When the tail was done the hunter began to eat it. He noticed his dog looking at him and making sounds indicating a desire for something to eat as well. The hunter threw the part of the tail that he could not eat to his dog. His dog wiggled its stump of a tail in appreciation.

Dogs have a consciousness and can be responsive; however, they do not have a self-consciousness-they cannot analyze. The hunters dog could not say to itself, “The whole tail was mine, why should I be grateful that he gave a piece of it back to me.” The dog was hungry, the hunter fed him, and the dog wiggled its tail in gratitude.

Human beings on the other hand have self-consciousness and can analyze, yet they tend to behave the way the dog does. In this parable about the hunter and the dog, the hunter represents our government and his dog represents the people, you and me. The government has nothing of its own, whatever it has it received from the people; when it gives a portion of what it has received back to the people they do not realize they have been given back a small portion of what was taken from them. They wiggle their tales in gratitude.

Some people feel they are ahead of the government because they are receiving more in financial benefits than they are paying in taxes. The main thing the government has taken from you is not your money but your manhood. When it gives you part of it back in the form of rights, it has done nothing deserving your gratitude. When you go to family court and the government gives you rights to visit your own child-it is your child not theirs-do you wiggle your tail in gratitude?

What man gives man can take away, but fortunately what God gives only God can take away. The government can suppress your manhood, it can smother it, and it can stomp on it, but it can’t take it away.

I have stopped wiggling my tail a long time ago and am looking for men who want to do likewise. Our country needs men ready to reclaim their manhood. Are you one of them?

Ellie