PDA

View Full Version : I invite all to upgrade profiles

redneck13
01-19-06, 05:32 PM
:D Okay Ya'll. I have just updated my "profile." "If anyone wants to know about me?" "It's all there the best I could put it."
One thing I want to add that some may not like. My Favorite Movie? "On Golden Pond." "Now I know about Jane." "The Movie was more about Henry, and his wife, old age, life, teachin' a kid about God's place he gave us." "I thought, still do, with all the hillaric's in it?" "The performances?" "Made me feel..."Damn, I'd love to live there."
My "nationality." "Yes I guess I'm white." "I do have Native American Blood in me." "I also have Black, or African American, and my forefather's came from Ireland on my Father's side." "My Mother's side?" "Her Dad, Irish." "Her Mother, Grandmother/Father, Danish." "From the Carolina's, to Kentucky, Ohio, TN., VA., Texas, Nebraska, The Dakota's, Wyoming, AR., IL., Montana, MS. That's as far as I've gotten so far." "My Mother?" Born in IN." Lived there till graduating high school." Her Father? Born there. Her Mother? Born in Denmark. Her Grandmother, Daughter, brother's, Father, came from Denmark, and were farmer's. My Mother's Mother learned to speak English. The other's did not. So, how's that? If ya have any questions?" "Fire away." "I'm proud to be an American, I'm proud of my heritage." But most of all. "I'M PROUD TO HAVE SERVED MY COUNTRY, AS A "MARINE" AND, I'M PROUD TO KNOW YA'LL. SEMPER-FI

redneck13
01-19-06, 05:36 PM
Forgot something. "My Dad?" Born in Silverlake KS. N. Of Topeka. His Dad, brother's, Great Grandfather, all came from Moorehead City KY., Liberty City KY. Four brother's came from Ireland. Our original name was O'Bailey. Two remained in the Carolina's. One drifted, Ohio, KY., one went to Montanna. Thanks

ringoffire
01-19-06, 05:50 PM
I just updated mine, the Husband may be registared from a loooooong time ago, but I don't know. He'll take care of that when he gets back.
I don't have a home town, the Husband & I claim Maryland, because we both went to H.S. there and thats the place we lived the longest.
I've lived many places in NJ, in NY, MD, FL, VA, SC, & NC.
Nationality: from the paternal side-Italian, Irish, Scandinavian; from the maternal side: Spanish & Puerto Rican
The Husband---All Irish
If you got a question, just ask.

thedrifter
01-19-06, 06:01 PM
It's great to see everyone Proud of who they are....;)

Tina...I know the feeling of moving...but I still say I'm a Philly girl...

Ellie

ringoffire
01-19-06, 06:16 PM
Ellie...I've seen your pics from Philly...and read some posts re: the Eagles.
Yes you are a Philly girl.

The rest of my family are in FL and the Husbands are still MD. We both really like Baltimore.

thedrifter
01-19-06, 06:20 PM
I lived in Maryland in the early 80's..Kent Island in Queen Annes County..(Eastern Shore)..
My youngest was born in Annapolis..

Ellie

ringoffire
01-19-06, 06:38 PM
I know where that is...we used to go to Ocean City every summer. The Eastern Shore is on the short list of places to retire.

Annapolis is another one of my favorite places.

BOOGIEMAN44
01-19-06, 08:11 PM
I Didn't Know I Was Going To Upset Someone When I Wrote The "profile" Thread, I Just Wanted To Make A Point That All The New Folks Logging On Was Putting There Screen Names Only, I Know A Lot Of Those On Here Already, But You Don't Know Who Is Getting On Here Lately, And We Don't Need A Poser On Here Like The Rest Of Them Other Marine Sites. Go Ahead, Look At All The New People On Here , All You Get Is There Screen Name, And Thats It. Jerry And Company Has Done A Great Job In Updating This Site, And I Give Them A Hand, Looks Great, Keep Up The Good Work, And The Frist Thing I Did Was To Up Date My Profile, So , Every One Could See Who I Was, I Talk To A Lot Of You, But Don't Know Who You Are, Your Profile Tells Alot Of A Person And About You, I Guess That Was The Point I Was Trying To Make, Now I Can See Who "you" Are, Thanks For Updating Though, Mark

BOOGIEMAN44
01-19-06, 08:19 PM
Ok, Here Is My Point, I Just Checked, 9 Users Loged In Right Now, 2 Of Which Have Only A Screen Name Only, Who Are They?? I Will Not Tell Names, But, When I Don't Know Someone I Look At There Profile...

rb1651
01-19-06, 11:30 PM
My 2 cents about my family....

Both of my parents were born in Minnesota, but my Moms roots are from Scotland, and my Dads was Ireland. A tad bit of history, me lads. My Dad paid to have the English Historical Society (I think that is the name) trace back his family roots. Turns out that his blood relative was the Earl of Bothwell, whom they claim was responsible for the beheading of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Now, while this might not be something that most people would be proud of to have in their past regarding their bloodline, it sure does help to keep the kids and grandkids in line!!!!! :devious:
:banana:

GySgtRet
01-20-06, 06:27 AM
My dad was born in Waren Ohio and is of Welch and Scotish desent and served in WWII in the U.S. Navy. My mom was born in Greenville Pa and is German by birth right. And I am sure that there are other nationalities in there that I don't know for sure so I am heinz 57 too.

thedrifter
01-20-06, 06:34 AM
Ok...me...

Both parents were born in Philly...
Father's parents side they were born in Germany..
Mother's side Sicily...

Father was in the Navy and Army

Place in stuborness revengeful and can have a sailor mouth and You got me;) :D

Ellie