PDA

View Full Version : GQ gives its read on Kerry, and it doesn't suit him

thedrifter
01-19-06, 01:56 PM
GQ gives its read on Kerry, and it doesn't suit him
NY Daily News

Sen. John Kerry's flack traded barbs yesterday with the author of a soon-to-be published GQ mag article claiming that loyal Democrats, especially former Kerry aides, wish the once and probably future Presidential candidate would just go away.

"You read GQ to pick suits and ties, not to pick a commander-in-chief," Kerry's mouthpiece David Wade E-mailed me concerning Michael Crowley's hit piece, which claims party activists believe the Massachusetts senator "blew his best chance and that he's 'delusional,' as I repeatedly heard, to think he's still wanted."

Wade responded hirsutely: "As a GQ fashionista would say, the magazine's political coverage has the longevity of the Soul Patch and the sophistication of The Mullet. I won't lose sleep over the inside-the-beltway musings of a reporter too young to shave and the Chardonnay-drinking pals he met on the cocktail party circuit."

Crowley, who pointed out that he's 33 while Wade is only 30, retorted: "David Wade should show more respect for his elders. A juvenile response like that is what you get from someone without a real defense. And, by the way, maybe if John Kerry understood fashion better, he wouldn't have gone on those windsurfing outings, which made his own staff cringe."

Kerry, who was in Iraq yesterday visiting U.S. soldiers, hasn't announced whether he plans to run for President again. But Crowley quotes an anonymous "big-name Democrat" who "worked hard for Kerry in 2004," as trying to throw cold water - make that boiling oil - on Kerry's prospects.

"Nobody has enthusiasm for him," the Dem says. "We should have won last time. He was running against that idiot."

Ellie
;)

G G Y
01-19-06, 05:07 PM
I wonder how the troops in Iraq felt about him being there. I bet they had to take a way all the ammo that they had.