yellowwing
01-18-06, 07:13 PM
Purple Heartbreakers <br />
By JAMES WEBB <br />
NY Times, January 18, 2006 <br />
<br />
Arlington, Va. <br />
<br />
IT should come as no surprise that an arch-conservative Web site is questioning whether Representative John...

Nagalfar
01-18-06, 09:49 PM
This kinda stuff is a load of CRAP.. I dont care who is throwing sh*t.. its wrong.. this is why politics is nothing more than scum and sleeze anymore.. we no longer care what is right.. only WHO is right. I think Murtha is a POS for what he has said, but I will defend his right to say weather I like it or not, as I want the same freedom.. but you dont take attack a mans prior achievements simple because you dont like the man or the message.. I dont like John McCane.. but I do admire the man for his service, Gentleman this is wrong at a very fundmental level.. we need to clean this type of crap up.. do we really want to leave this garbage for our kids?

outlaw3179
01-18-06, 10:47 PM
100% agree. Semper Fi.

MillRatUSMC
01-18-06, 11:54 PM
Are we killing the messenger for the message he brings?
If "truth" is the first casualty in a war.
How will we ever know the "truth"?
I questioned the timing of doubt in Rep/Colonel John Murtha Purple Hearts before Mr. James Webb came out with this.
Both of these men were or are Marine Officers, who swore to defend the Constitution.
They did not swear allegiance to a man or party, best we not lose sight of that fact.
I would served under both of these Marine officers if I was able at my advance age.
Does age make me a sage, now but my experiences in the Marine Corps gives me an insight in the quality of these Marine Officers.
Having served under the command of two Medal of Honor recipents.
Lt. Colonel Archie Van Winkle USMC and 1st Lt. Frank S. Reasoner USMC.
If neither of these Marine Officer had not rock the boat, we won't even be think about any of this...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
01-19-06, 01:11 AM
I made a slight error in the above...it should read...
Does age make me a sage, no but my experiences in the Marine Corps gives me an insight in the quality of these Marine Officers.
Something beside that has been weighing heavy on my mind.
A couple questions;
"Why does a mother have to spend $300,00 dollars for body armor for her Marine?"
"Why are we not allowed to view our wounded or the caskets of our dead?"
Than with us going into Iraq, we left the Afghans hanging, and we might have told them, we have bigger fish to fry.
At the on-set of Enduring Freedom, I had great concerns on logistics.
We were extremely lucky that Pakistan allowed to go through or over their airspace.
If they had not allowed to do that we still might be fighting our way in.
When we left Afghanistan unfinished, we gave the insurgents/terrorists a message.
That they could do as they well please, because we left the leadership intact.
As long as bin laden lives and his followers, there hope for all those I just mentioned.
Now another question;
Why Iraq?
OIL?
Because there very little of that in Afghanistan.
I bet much of all this is weighing in Rep/Colonel John Murtha head.
If a dummy like me can ask these questions, what can somebody with a higher education ask.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo