PDA

View Full Version : Profiles

BOOGIEMAN44
01-18-06, 04:03 PM
What Happened To Filling Out Your Profile When You Frist Start Using Leatherneck.com, Is This Some New "thing" That That You Think Of ?? You Say " I Want To Be A Marine " Or I'm A Family Member Of A Marine, Or What Ever, You Can Click On A Lot Of User's Name Now A Days To See Who There Are And The Only Thing That Comes Up Is There User Name, Are You Ashamed Of Your Self? If That Is The Case, This Is The Wrong Place To Be, We What, Or I Want To Know Who You Are, Come Now, Fill Out Those Profiles, Don't Be Bashful...or Are You To Busy? Just Wondering.

Ed Palmer
01-18-06, 04:29 PM
BOOGIEMAN44
Those are my thoughts also I get on here every morning and try to find out if I know or served with anyone but with the names the way they put them
the only thing I can go by is the time period they were in the service and their age ,
if I find out their age and where they went to boot I try to think if I know them or not,
so like you say put in your name if you dont know call your momma and ask
her.
My 2 cents worth
Ed Palmer

See I can spell my own name Now you try it

thedrifter
01-18-06, 04:38 PM
With the new features I hope all members will fill it out...

Ellie

BOOGIEMAN44
01-18-06, 05:11 PM
I Hope So Ellie, With All The New Features On Here All Members Should Fill Out There Profiles, Leatherneck.com Has Made Great Strides In The 5 Months That I Have Been On Here, Everyone Now Can Post Pictures, If They Have Any Or One, But Log In With Just The Basic Info, "user Name" Thats Just Not Right, I Want To See Who You Are, I'm Sure The Rest Does To, Thats The Only Way To Keep "poser's Out Of Here.

thedrifter
01-18-06, 06:19 PM
Yes that is the hopes...

You Marines are good at catching the posers....;)

Ellie

junker316
01-18-06, 09:06 PM
I still haven't figured out how to upload a picture...My internet was down for a while due to bad connections.

BOOGIEMAN44
01-18-06, 09:17 PM
It is always their choice to fill in. I am working on integrating a button where members can be asked by other members to update their profile.Semper Fi,Jerry

THAT WOULD BE GREAT JERRY, BUT IF ANY ONE WANTS TO BE ON THIS SITE, AND A GREAT SITE IT IS, I THINK THEY NEED TO AT LEAST FILL OUT WHO THEY ARE AND WHERE THEY ARE AS A MINIMUM, SO WE KNOW, WHO THEY ARE, JUST MY THOUGHTS, :yes:

junker316
01-19-06, 05:01 PM
I agree with Boogieman44. This is the way that RAYDOC was uncovered. If some-one wants to be discrete that's fine but when it comes to nothing at all but a call sign...that doesn't leave much but a bad idenity to try to understand them with.

redneck13
01-19-06, 05:09 PM
I'm going on my profile right after this. I want people to know, all, on this wonderful site, anything they want to know about me. I'm for real. I think what Marine Shafer is doin'? Is great. Keep up the good work fella's/and of course, our Women folk to, said with the utmost respect. God Bless, Semper-fi. Wind'nface. AKA Bail AKA Lone Eagle. AKA, "Hey YOU?" HEEHEE

rb1651
01-19-06, 11:06 PM
Just checked my profile after reading this post. I thought that I had completed it before, but much of the info was missing. Thanks for the wake-up call, Mark. Pictures will be forthcoming, but make sure that the innocent are out of the room. I don't want to be the one to cause nightmares!!! :banana:

BOOGIEMAN44
01-23-06, 08:32 PM
OK, NOW IT HAS BEEN SOMETIME SINCE THIS THREAD WAS STARTED, I SEE THAT ALOT OF YOU HAVE FILLED IN YOUR PROFILE AND FOR THAT I SAY, "THANK YOU", BUT FOR THE REST OF YOU, LETS GET GOING, PLEASE TAKE A FEW MIN.'S BECUASE THATS ALL IT TAKES TO FILL OUT THOSE PROFILES, SO WE ALL CAN SEE WHO YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE A MARINE, YOU ARE NOT A REG. USER, YOU ARE A MARINE, IF YOU ARE A FAMILY MEMEBER OF A MARINE, YOU ARE NOT A MARINE, SO LETS ALL PLEASE CHECK THE RIGHT BOXES, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, WE DON'T WANT ANY POSERS IN HERE.
THANKS, MARK
:marine:

redneck13
01-23-06, 08:54 PM
Amen to that brother!!!

GySgtRet
01-23-06, 08:58 PM
BOOGIEMAN44,

I tried a few days before Haloween to get Marines and others to post their mug shots. I have never known so many Marines to be shy...??? In fact I have never known a Marine that was shy...!!! Come on update your profiles lets see some mug shots. If it is your picture from the post office or posted top ten in the country don't worry we won't turn you in unless you did something un natural or imoral right boogieman...???

:banana: :devious:

BOOGIEMAN44
01-24-06, 06:22 AM
Your Right Gunny, As Long As They Post It, We Need To Keep Poser's out Of Here, On Chat Line Last Night, There Was A So Called Poser, Who Refused To Post Her Info, But Claimed To Be A Marine, We Do Not Need Poser's On Leatherneck, We As Marines, Earned Our Title, So, If You As A Marine Are "shy", How Did You Make It Through Boot??? Lets Get Busy And Update Those Profiles...

GySgtRet
01-24-06, 06:57 AM
Boogieman44,

If you are a Marine, you would think that you would be proud of it unless you have something to hide...??? Some people have no integrity, or grit to be a Marine anyway. We don't need POSTERS, do you hear me...???

:evilgrin: :mad:

BOOGIEMAN44
01-24-06, 07:03 AM
POSTERS, do you hear me...???

???, GUNNY, DO YOU MEAN POSER'S OR POSTERS?...LOL :banana:

GySgtRet
01-24-06, 07:22 AM
Boogieman44,

Posers. Sorry about that. I was having an excellent day till you pointed out my mistake. Dang I can't win now. I am doomed. Anyway get your stuff put up on this site so we know who you are. Shaffer and the crew have worked hard to get this thing working better and user friendly.

BOOGIEMAN44
01-24-06, 07:33 AM
get your stuff put up on this site so we know who you are. Shaffer and the crew have worked hard to get this thing working better and user friendly.

GUNNY, NO SWEAT... THAT HAS BEEN MY WHOLE POINT THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE TO THE OTHER MEMBERS ON THIS SITE, THOSE ON CHAT LAST NIGHT SAW WHAT HAPPENED... AND ALL I CAN DO IS KEEP BRINGING THIS POINT UP UNTIL SOMEONE GETS IT, I THINK LIKE YOU AND A FEW OTHERS ON HERE ALREADY, IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY THING TO HIDE, WHY NOT TAKE A FEW MIN.'S AND JUST DO IT :qmark:

BOOGIEMAN44
01-24-06, 08:41 AM
Much more important things in this world to be stressed out about.

I DON'T HAVE ANY STRESS JERRY, BUT THE MORE THEY READ IT, THE MORE LIKELY THEY ARE TO FILL THEM OUT, JUST HAVING A GOOD TIME ON MY DAY OFF :yes: