PDA

View Full Version : From high heels to combat boots

thedrifter
01-16-06, 05:45 PM
From high heels to combat boots <br />
One woman's idea of getting New Yorkers into shape <br />
<br />
(CNN) -- After spending almost six years as a Wall Street trader, Lauren Brenner decided to stop trading and...

RaisedbyMarines
01-29-06, 09:34 PM
My father was a marine along with the rest of the males in the family. They completely dissaprove of me wanting to join the corps however I intend to do it. I still need to lose another 30 pounds (already ditched 50...but that was easy)... now i seem to be stuck. It seems like its going so slow not to mention everyone is telling me I cant do it! All I ever wanted to be was a marine... just looking for some advice.

Arlene Horton
01-30-06, 09:05 PM
RaisedbyMarines:
You are striving for an honorable goal. Keep it up and lose the rest of the weight, make sure you check with your recruiter re: running, pull-ups, etc. I know you can do it. I had a lot of static when I decided to enlist, but I did it anyway and after they saw me when I came home on Boot Leave all the ones who gave me grief were surprised to see I finally got a "backbone" and no longer put up with the B.S. as I did earlier. Good luck and keep at it. I know you'll do your best. Semper Fi.
Arlene