View Full Version : Vietnam-era Marine Corps deserter arrested in Fort Worth

thedrifter
01-16-06, 05:42 PM
Vietnam-era Marine Corps deserter arrested in Fort Worth <br />
1/16/2006 12:32 PM <br />
By: Associated Press <br />
<br />
<br />
FORT WORTH, Texas -- A 55-year-old man whom the Marine Corps said deserted from Camp Lejeune,...

thedrifter
01-17-06, 06:44 AM
Jan. 17, 2006, 12:15AM <br />
Marine deserter awaits fate after 36 years on run <br />
He said he left because he felt the Vietnam War was 'a mistake' <br />
<br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
FORT WORTH - A Vietnam-era Marine...

lovdog
01-17-06, 11:57 AM
This sounds familiar! Didn't we just have a post on a 65 year old from Florida that was in the same predictament? But the former was a thief to boot. I guess we get the same answers here on this one. 1/2 say let him go with the rest of the Nixon amnesty and the other 1/2 say "hang him high". I guess either way, since he is incarcerated, he puts himself on the mercy of the court and will be judged accordingly. Or - like we said before we can settle it the democratic way:
1. Send him to Kansas to Cowboy - Take him out to the prairie, bury him up to his neck next to a big ol' red ant hill - if he survives 24 hours - let him go.
Or:
2. Send him to Pa. I'll take him into one of our old coal mines, throw in a stick of dynamite, if he digs his way out - we let him go.
Or:
3. We send him out to Wind-N-Face - he slides a red hot knife over his tounge and if it doesn't stick - we let him go. If it does stick - well, he'll have a lifetime of recuperation to think about what he did!
No matter how you look at it, what he did was wrong, he knew it was wrong and knew that someday he may have to pay for what he did when they caught him. And like the other guy, at least he won't have to look over his shoulder any longer cause the day of reckoning has arrived.