View Full Version : Southern Kids

yellowwing
01-12-06, 10:58 AM
7-Year-Old Caught Driving Parents' Pickup <br />
Associated Press, Jan 11 2006 <br />
<br />
10:41 PST Shelbyville, Tenn. (AP) -- <br />
<br />
Eager to get his driver's license, a 7-year-old boy put on his seat belt and...

thedrifter
01-12-06, 11:11 AM
You gotta Love kids;) :D

Ellie

GySgtRet
01-12-06, 11:16 AM
He is an independent little guy. We could use him in "MT" in the Corps...

:D

lovdog
01-12-06, 11:56 AM
I was mowing the grass one Saturday years ago, and I heard by truck start and when I looked out on the street, my 65 Chevy pickup was going down the street by itself, no driver!!! What the hell was going on!! I ran after the truck hoping to catch it before it would do any damage or run into someone!! I am almost to the truck and suddenly it shut off and stops abruptly!! Then I see this little blond head of my 4 year old surface over the glass in the door, smiling and holding up a screwdriver!! The little pot stuck the screwdriver into the key slot and the truck took off. I had no idea that this could even be done!!! Hey, this was in 1980 when you didn't have to even lock the doors on your house let alone an old pickup!! My anger subsided pretty quick after I saw how scared he was - then all I could do was chuckle to myself and be thankful that everything was okay. He has certainly given me some gray hairs thru the years, but has grown into a fine young man.
KIDS!!! But thats what its all about I guess!!

outlaw3179
01-12-06, 03:38 PM
Sound like a motivator to me ...when he grows up a little bit he can be in my squad.

rb1651
01-12-06, 10:14 PM
Someone needs to let Deputy Barney Fife know that this is a child. What he did was wrong, but nobody got hurt, and I'm sure that Mom and Dad will have plenty of punishment for this young man, without anybody having to go to court.

Sounds to me that this young man has the makings of a fine Marine: Lead, Follow, OR GET THE H*LL OUT OF THE WAY!

redneck13
01-13-06, 11:04 AM
:no: I came in from the deer lease with my oldest grandson, 13. I asked him to go out to the truck and get my cell phone. The next thing I see is him layin' flat on the passenger side, door open, his legs stickin' out. I yelled..."What on earth are you doing?" "Pap-paw?" "I just got in and the truck started rolling, so I push the emergency brake." I had it in gear, the emergency brake not on. I told him. "Leave it where it is." "How'd you do this?" I asked after he came back inside." He gave a colorful explanation. I just let it go. I know what happened. He was tryin' to find my cell phone, and hit the gear shift on the floor it went into neutral and began rolling. I didn't get on him. "Now." "Got out and on the visor is my cell phone. "Well why didn't you tell me that?" "I guess I should've." To him it was exciting. He said. "All I could see was it goin' into the woods over yonder, and hitting a tree." "Children to parents?" "They are "curious lil' people." ;)