PDA

View Full Version : nudity during sexual intercourse invalidates a marriage

Ed Palmer
01-11-06, 09:17 AM
Another good reason I am glad that I am not a muslem!
those must realy be some butt ugly woman over there

AN Egyptian cleric's controversial fatwa claiming that nudity during sexual intercourse invalidates a marriage has uncovered a rift among Islamic scholars.
According to the religious edict issued by Rashad Hassan Khalil, a former dean of Al-Azhar University's faculty of Sharia (or Islamic law), "being completely naked during the act of coitus annuls the marriage". The religious decree sparked a hot debate on the private satellite network Dream's popular religious talk show and on the front page of Al-Masri Al-Yom, Egypt's leading independent daily newspaper.

Suad Saleh, who heads the women's department of Al-Azhar's Islamic studies faculty, pleaded for "anything that can bring spouses closer to each other" and rejected the claim that nudity during intercourse could invalidate a union.

During the live televised debate, Islamic scholar Abdel Muti dismissed the fatwa: "Nothing is prohibited during marital sex, except of course sodomy."

For his part, Al-Azhar's fatwa committee chairman Abdullah Megawar argued that married couples could see each other naked but should not look at each other's genitalia and suggested they cover up with a blanket during sex.

Since this edict there have been a flurry of orders for goat and camel blankets

Osotogary
01-11-06, 10:22 AM
...and all this is coming from in or around "The Cradle of Civilization"?
Somebody has got too much time on their hands.
I have also heard the term "Women for procreation, boys for recreation" more than once when referencing that neck of the woods.
I don't suspect that I will ever quite comprehend the goings on in that geographical area.

Ed Palmer
01-11-06, 10:53 AM
I think mabe that they use too much lubricant and that mixed with too much sand has an adverse effect