PDA

View Full Version : Some quick advice, etiquette question

PFCJon
01-11-06, 12:33 AM
I have a slight problem. I was issued a brand new M16a4 and we did a BZO this week. To even get on black, I had to go 34 clicks left and 14 up on the front sight post. Obviously this is a problem, and when I brought it up with my team leader, I was instructed to bring the weapon to the armory and they would replace the RSA or whatever was screwed up. The problem comes when I drop my weapon off at the armory and explain the situation. The Sgt told me it was just improper eye relief and that the rifle probably shoots just fine. I tried to disagree, but he would have none of it and with half of my company waiting to turn in weapons at this moment in time, I didn't feel it was the right time and place to argue about it. I'm wondering how it is that I can go about having my weapon worked on without raising a stink with the armorer. My team leaders told me to have them fix it, and they said it was the tack driver, not the rifle that was the problem. I know this isn't right, I shoot on my own time several times a week and anyone who has spent range time with me can vouch for my ability to send rounds downrange. What would be the proper way to have this situation taken care of? The Sgt I talked to is, as far as I know, the honcho as far as armory concerns go, and I don't want to waste any of our higher-ups' time if there is a smarter way to go about it. Any suggestions?

outlaw3179
01-11-06, 12:40 AM
chain of command thats what its there for , utilize it .

PFCJon
01-11-06, 01:06 AM
I guess I was just wanting to keep from making it a formal issue or making any enemies at the armory by going over someone's head. Chain of command should have gone without saying, thanks, and hopefully I can get that RSA canned!

semperfiman
01-11-06, 01:14 AM
bring it back when hes not so busy

hrscowboy
01-11-06, 03:08 AM
yup chain of command and get the damn thing fixed and make sure its fixed you dont need to go in combat with that piece of crap..