PDA

View Full Version : New Must Read Book

yellowwing
01-09-06, 10:11 AM
Sen. Kennedy to Publish Children's Book
Associated Press, January 9 2006 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060109/ap_en_ot/books_ted_kennedy)

NEW YORK - Meet the latest children's author, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash, his co-protagonist in "My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C."

Scholastic Inc. will release the book in May.

"I am very excited about the opportunity to create a book for young readers and their families that will deepen their understanding of how our American government works," Kennedy said in a statement Monday issued by Scholastic.

According to Scholastic, Kennedy's book "not only takes readers through a full day in the Senator's life, but also explains how a bill becomes a law." Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, was inspired to write the book from his work with a Washington-based reading program, "Everybody Wins!"

Kennedy's net proceeds will be donated to charity.

Books are a Kennedy family tradition, from John F. Kennedy's Pulitzer Prize-winning "Profiles in Courage" to the poetry compilations edited by Caroline Kennedy. Books about dogs are a Washington tradition, thanks to the best-selling "Millie's Book," by then-first lady Barbara Bush.

Ted Kennedy's book is 56 pages and includes illustrations by David Small, winner of the 2001 Caldecott Medal for his pictures in Judith St. George's "So You Want to Be President?"

Tales of a Scotch drinking dog? Just as long as the dog is driving. :banana:

OLE SARG
01-09-06, 10:22 AM
This book will basically teach our young children how to get away with murder, drink until you have a nose that looks like a balloon, do and make dumbass decisions, show your ass while drunk, etc. REAL good example for our children reading a book written by a lush!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ten kennedy would be the example you would show your children and say, "You don't EVER want to be like this lump of whates#$t"!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

lovdog
01-09-06, 12:34 PM
Easy boys!!!!! Your being too rough on ol' Teddy. Remember - he's still an American with all the freedoms to enjoy as all of us who live her do. And I'm sure he will do whatever necessary to ensure that he sucks the breath out of anything that is good in this world - but still has the highest regards for our fighting men & women in uniform don't forget!! Just listen to his speaches - Oh, thats right, I slept through all of them! As long as he still can hang onto the coattails of his brothers I guess people sometimes think that he will someday turnaround for the better. I imagine he'll just go to his grave just the way he is now - smug, resentful, arrogant, and taking up the good air that 12 coal miners in West Virginia could have used!!!!!!!
Remember your ol' boot camp DI philosophy?? Where is Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman when you "really" need them!! Remember now - sight alignment, trigger control - deep breath, let it out - let the wind roll your target into the peepsight - there he is!! Click! Misfire - da*n it!!!!
Aw, come on, you know how us Republicans like to kid around!!!

Osotogary
01-09-06, 01:59 PM
lovdog,
Just in case,for proprietary sake, you were speaking in terms of paintball, weren't you? Just in case.

lovdog
01-09-06, 05:04 PM
Osotogary:

Hmmmmm - let me propose this one.
Hows about all of us Marines at this site get together, rent a C5A Galaxy, pick up Teddy Boy on our way to Iraq. We'll make him our "Fearless Leader" of the day (like he is with all those wishy- washy Congressmen) put him out front like the "Little General" that he is and pull a "frontal assault" on the big bad enemy. "Onward & Forward Men" he yells,"Follow ME!!" We got them on the run!!!!
( Doggone, I just lost my chain of thought)!!
On to Science now class!
Maybe you can answer this physics question- cause I've never tried it -"In a person's back - will paintballs fit into holes made by an M16 round, or does the hole have to be reamed out by a kabar first? Just for curiosity's sake you understand! No pun intended here!!

yellowwing
01-09-06, 05:10 PM
Hey Sgt, I'm getting the feeling that you don't support Sen. Ted. I'm guessing you won't be buying his Scotch Drinking Dog Tales for your Grand kids. :(

Osotogary
01-09-06, 06:20 PM
lovdog,

..will paintballs fit into holes made by an M16 round, or does the hole have to be reamed out by a kabar first?

All depends if the M16 rounds entered the back and exited the front or vis-a- versa ...I would imagine. The Kabar would just be extra.

I'm not a big fan of this Kennedy fellow, either. I agree that he should lead from the front but I don't know if you want to tax the suspension system on the rented Galaxy. LOL

I appreciate your response. It had that dangerous but effective mixture of passion and humor.

Gary

greensideout
01-09-06, 08:43 PM
Teddy writing a book about how our "American government works" is like having Genghis Khan write a book about the virtues of peace.

Future-USMC-LT
01-10-06, 12:25 AM
According to Scholastic, Kennedy's book "not only takes readers through a full day in the Senator's life, but also explains how a bill becomes a law."

0800: wake up, glass of rum, takes shower
0900: sits down to breakfast of cereal and 2 scotch & sodas
1000: driven to capitol buidling while enjoying enother scotch & soda
1200: has lunch with 3 scotch & waters
I could keep going if y'all want me to?

semperfiman
01-10-06, 12:34 AM
i want my kids to look to him as a role model yea right

Ed Palmer
01-10-06, 07:40 AM
My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C."
Cmon senator get off the floor they want both of us in the picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/StBernard.jpg

Ed Palmer
01-25-06, 09:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/52800573-M.jpg

Nagalfar
01-25-06, 10:51 AM
Ok.. who amoungst all of us even thinks this guy has been sober enough to even write his own name and address.. let alone books.. LMAO.. shouldnt this be in the Jokes thread? we know Teddy is a joke, and now he is writing books.. this is actually 2 jokes in one.