PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon Checker

JRtheSTAR
11-15-02, 08:17 PM
I just ran the ribbon checker but they do not come up in the correct order.

Shaffer
11-15-02, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out. Also if others want to check and see if theres comes up correctly, then let me know if it does or doesn't.

Thanks & Semper Fi,
Jerry

JRtheSTAR
11-16-02, 10:33 AM
Also there are two P.U.C. on there. When I use the first one it comes up Bronze Star, CAR, NUC, NDSM, VSM, GC, PUC, Civil Actions Unit Citation, Vietnam Campaign and Gallantry Cross Unit Citation. When I use the second PUC it comes up Bronze Star, CAR, NUC, NDSM, VSM, GC, Civil Actions Unit Citation, Vietnam Campaign and Gallantry Cross Unit Citation.
Correct order is Bronze Star, CAR, PUC, NUC, GC, NSDM, VSM, Gallantry Cross Unit Citation, Civil Actions Unit Citation and Vietnam Campaign Medal.

Shaffer
11-21-02, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up...Took care of the order on those ribbons. If you notice any others, please let me know.

Semper Fi!

Jerry
:marine:

JRtheSTAR
11-21-02, 07:32 PM
Just tried it and seems to be working good, thanks Jerry.

lovelldj
12-31-03, 10:02 AM
Still a couple of problems with the ribbon checker:

1. Get rid of the "Sea Service Diplomat" - no such ribbon exists. The picture is of the Navy Sea Service Deployment, which is a valid ribbon, and which works properly on the ribbon checker.

2. Can we get a picture of the Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) that includes the palm tree?

3. The order of the two Kuwait Liberation Medals is wrong. Since they are both foreign awards, they should come after all U.S. awards, but if you run the ribbon checker with those and with, say, the Sea Service Deployment, they come up before it, when they should come up after it.

4. The order of the two Kuwait Liberation medals should be reversed - the Saudi Arabia one was issued first and has higher precedence than the Kuwait one.

5. The order of the Navy Artic Service ribbon is wrong - it should come just after the Sea Service Deployment.

Doc Crow
12-31-03, 01:08 PM
Hey can we get the Navy Good Conduct put on?????? That is the only one that is not there. I know there are not many of us squids here but there are a few

dibob
01-01-04, 12:13 AM
Hi Jerry,
How does one run the ribbon checker and then copy the ribbons for inclusion in messages to the forum?

Thanks for any help and Happy New year.

D.I.Bob

Sender
01-01-04, 03:38 AM
We have to help out Doc because they always took care of us when we needed it. Hook him up!