PDA

View Full Version : Help Getting TS/SCI and lat-moving to 02 Intel

gwladgarwr
01-03-06, 02:35 PM
Anyone:

Been working on trying to lat move into the 02 (intel) field for the past nine months and finally getting word from MARFORRES G-2 that I will not be considered for a waiver to get boarded into the MOS and for TS/SCI due to my mother not being a US citizen (and not very likely to become one due to health problems and age.) Of course, can't force her to take citizenship, so I'm stuck. She's not from any communist country, and I'm born and bred right here in the US of A.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe try another unit, or try for a different MOS that doesn't require TS/SCI? My entire academic background and training has been in languages and poli sci, and my contract is up in a year. I could really use a clue. Maybe someone here knows someone's best friend's cousin's dad who works at one of the alphabet agencies who can work some magic.

And not a criminal or alcoholic or crackhead, btw. Feels like I'm being treated that way. :no:

BOOGIEMAN44
01-03-06, 02:56 PM
Try Getting Ahold Of Greensideout, He Will Be On Later, He Might Beable To Point You In The Right Direction.

gwladgarwr
01-03-06, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the heads-up!:marine:

Kegler300
01-03-06, 04:29 PM
Have you already completed your EPSQ (SSBI) and had your SSO submit it to OPM along with two sets of fingerprints? Their job should only be to review the EPSQ for completeness and then forward it to OPM. U.S. Investigations Service conducts the investigation, which takes about a year or so, then provides the results to OPM who forwards the investigation to DONCAF for adjudication. Your command does not adjudicate an investigation - that's DONCAF's job. Your command only grants access, and in this case since it's for a latmove, you won't need access there. I only process individuals for non-SCI access, so you might ask them if this is solely about SCI access. I haven't come across anything in the OPNAVINST 5510.30A that says parents have to be U.S. citizens for you to get a clearance - only that you have to be a U.S. citizen. The OPNAVINST 5510.30A is our Bible. You might ask them if this is solely about your SCI access. When I initially got my TS/SCI access years ago, my wife wasn't even a U.S. citizen yet.

Kegler300
01-03-06, 04:39 PM
I also want to add that I am processing a Marine right now for latmove into the 02XX occfld. Since he does not currently have an investigation completed, we have to submit an EPSQ for a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check and Credit (NLC) to get a completed, favorably adjudicated investigation for Secret eligibility in his record. Once that's done, and just prior to him departing to the MOS course, he will complete another EPSQ for an SSBI (hard copy and electronic copy on disk), fingerprint cards, and local records check, and handcarry this package to the school. The school will submit the EPSQ for the SSBI once it's determined he will complete the course.

BTW - do you GySgt Paul Martin, the EO Advisor?

gwladgarwr
01-04-06, 08:38 AM
Have you already completed your EPSQ (SSBI) and had your SSO submit it to OPM along with two sets of fingerprints? Their job should only be to review the EPSQ for completeness and then forward it to OPM. U.S. Investigations Service conducts the investigation, which takes about a year or so, then provides the results to OPM who forwards the investigation to DONCAF for adjudication. Your command does not adjudicate an investigation - that's DONCAF's job. Your command only grants access, and in this case since it's for a latmove, you won't need access there. I only process individuals for non-SCI access, so you might ask them if this is solely about SCI access. I haven't come across anything in the OPNAVINST 5510.30A that says parents have to be U.S. citizens for you to get a clearance - only that you have to be a U.S. citizen. The OPNAVINST 5510.30A is our Bible. You might ask them if this is solely about your SCI access. When I initially got my TS/SCI access years ago, my wife wasn't even a U.S. citizen yet.

MGySgt: I've submitted the EPSQ (electronic version)twice with the fingerprints and the NCI, along with every lat move document they requested. All I was told was that the G2 down at MARFORRES said they won't grant any waivers for my mother's citizenship issue, so it seems as if they are adjudicating even before my package gets to DONCAF or even OPM. MARFORRES appears to be the one stonewalling right now, essentially saying that if OPM or DONCAF (neither of which has even seen my EPSQ that I know of) will not even entertain the thought of processing my application via a waiver, MARFORRES will not allow my potential new unit to board me for lat move into the 02 field. I do have a secret clearance and got that 6 years ago when I was in OCS.

I believe the whole issue is solely with the SCI part since TS/SSBI wouldn't be as difficult. I'm not sure just how much to push this since I've run out of options on the Reserves side. Any ideas?:no:

gwladgarwr
01-04-06, 09:01 AM
I also want to add that I am processing a Marine right now for latmove into the 02XX occfld. Since he does not currently have an investigation completed, we have to submit an EPSQ for a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check and Credit (NLC) to get a completed, favorably adjudicated investigation for Secret eligibility in his record. Once that's done, and just prior to him departing to the MOS course, he will complete another EPSQ for an SSBI (hard copy and electronic copy on disk), fingerprint cards, and local records check, and handcarry this package to the school. The school will submit the EPSQ for the SSBI once it's determined he will complete the course.

BTW - do you GySgt Paul Martin, the EO Advisor?

Quick addendum: this is from an email I just received about ten minutes ago from the MFR ASSO:

As of right now DONCAF has no intentions of waiving this policy for anyone. We had several Marines who were actually in the clearance process when this policy was enforced and we had to cancel their cases.

So, MARFORRES keeps saying it's DONCAF who has the authority to waive the policy for foreign-citizen parents, not OPM. So, if I applied to the DIA, I'd be equally screwed. So much for wanting to serve my country. Guess I'll just go back to flipping burgers at Arby's.

Kegler300
01-04-06, 03:47 PM
DONCAF are the adjudicators and policy setters. OPM really has nothing to do with it, other than working with U.S. Investigations to schedule and complete the investigation. I'm a non-SCI security management office, so that might be why I'm not aware of this policy. Most likely recent policy and certainly a result of the war on terror.

greensideout
01-10-06, 01:50 PM
Try Getting Ahold Of Greensideout, He Will Be On Later, He Might Beable To Point You In The Right Direction.

I would like to help but have been away from the reg's and rules too long. It's not like you are trying to get a NSC! It seems ludicrous that Arnold Schwarzenegger can be a state governor and you can't get a TS.

GSO

gwladgarwr
01-10-06, 07:11 PM
I'm not even sure what an NCS IS!

As far as ole' Arnold is concerned, I don't need a back way out to Austria; no divided loyalties here.

Semper Fidelis,

gwladgarwr:marine:

greensideout
01-10-06, 07:34 PM
NSC = National Security Clearance

gwladgarwr
01-10-06, 07:44 PM
Duh. Blond moment.