PDA

View Full Version : Spanish-speaking nations

Ed Palmer
01-02-06, 03:16 PM
We are now one of the largest Spanish-speaking nations in the world. We're a major source of Latin music, journalism and culture.

Just go to Miami, or San Antonio, Los Angeles, Chicago or West New York, New Jersey ... and close your eyes and listen. You could just as easily be in Santo Domingo or Santiago, or San Miguel de Allende.

For years our nation has debated this change -- some have praised it and others have resented it. By nominating me, my party has made a choice to welcome the new America.
George Bush from a campaign speech in Miami, August 2000.

And here you thought you lived in a ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY

lovdog
01-02-06, 03:40 PM
Ed:
Our President "had" to say those things - he lives in Texas!! Spanish speaking people make up probably 1/6 if not more of that population. That was the "politician" side of him - like letting the woman "ice skater" become a citizen of this country (he signed the papers already for her) because he felt that the USA needs people that "personify" such amazing talent - they "should" become Americans!! Not to fear, to my knowledge he hasn't signed any visas allowing foreign mercenaries to become Marines! He still wants the Marine Corps to be Americanized I believe (bilingual is still okay).
Anyway, we don't have the spanish speaking problem where I live - were so distressed even illegals don't want to come here!! To get a green card in this town you have to be able to "bi*ch" about the closing of the steel mills, the coal mines and the corruption of our local government! Thats what the spanish speaking people are trying to get away from for God's sake!!!
By the way - all three of my kids took Spanish in high school - about all they remember is " can I please go to the bathroom"!! Maybe Spanish will diminish as fast for the spanish speakers as it did for my kids!! Then - our problem will be solved by itself-it takes about 3 years though!! Sounds like an outstanding flanking maneuver to me!!

captken
01-04-06, 01:25 PM
It was indeed intended to gather the Spanish language voters but also remember that the President is fluent in Spanish and had a brother (?) who has adopted Hispanic children (something like that). Anyway his family is very close to the Spanish culture and people. I love it when conservatives beat the liberals at their own game. They (liberals) talk the talk but rarely walk the walk. How many of those who want to give away our citizenship to every illegal that crosses the border actually care enough to bring these people into their homes and change their lives.

If Bush can get enough hardworking American Hispanics to support him then he, with their help, will have a much better chance of stopping the illegals.