<br />
<br />
This one's good Marines. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I received this from my little brother who had the sense to stay in and retire from our Marine Corps as a MGySgt and I...

firstsgtmike
11-14-02, 09:39 PM
Supurb! Excellent! Outstanding! Do not do it justice.

I will treasure it.

If I had the audacity, I would edit it to make it shorter, and then have my sons memorize it. But I am against sacrilege.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DO have a question for DI's or former DI's. I was on recruiting duty in 1968 and the 25% attrition rate in boot camp seems high.

Semper Fi

Grunt
11-15-02, 12:58 AM
Damn!! Thats deep!

wrbones
11-15-02, 01:17 AM
Yer in the deep end of the pool now Grunt! Hope ya can swim! I'm dog-paddlin' fast as I can to keep up with these folks! It's a good bunch. I'm always glad when they share **** like that. It reminds me of who I am and what I'm a part of. United States Marines.

I love that kinda ****!

( If I keep this up, I'm gonna get Gung Ho all over again LOL);)

JAMarine
11-15-02, 01:54 AM
Outstanding Bones. Simply Outstanding.

I will copy and frame it. I will teach my children.

Thank you.

Barndog
11-15-02, 04:40 AM
Gung Ho all over again? But I thought they told you ya never got out of the Marine Corps Bones???????
(seems the latter is most accurate)
Ya know it's 0540 - if yer gunna keep this up, and I'm gonna play reville and wake up my wife, and start banging pots & pans together for motivation around this squadbay, er house.
Screaming at the top of my lungs comes to mind....

See....

OOOHHHH RAHHHHH

Sgt0811
11-15-02, 07:48 AM
Wrbones,

That is great. I printed it out for my wife to read so that she will understand a little more about me and the Corps.

Here in New Jersey there are two civilian medals that are presented to Veterans. The first one is the New Jersey Distinguished Service Medal. This is presented to Veterans of NJ that have served in any war.
The second one is the New Jersey Vietnam Service Medal. This one is for all Vietnam Veterans.
Jersey has seperate medals for the other wars also.
I received the NJVSM 13 Nov 02 and the NJDSM 30 Jul 02.

Semper Fi Bro,
Chick:marine:

Sparrowhawk
11-15-02, 08:10 AM
Great post, Bones, and the gunny is alright in my book after all he did single out machine gunners...LOL

wrbones
11-15-02, 09:27 AM
Hey! I just posted it folks!

Blame it on JR the STAR!

It's his folks that did the writin'!

I'd a had a helluva time tryin to define Esprit de Corps as well as the Gunnny did! I've been strugglin with it fer a week, and then JR sent me that and asked me to post it for him.

To both, I say, well done Marines. And thanks!

Ironrider
11-15-02, 04:09 PM
damn..that one was right on the mark. Don't think I could ever explain it as well as the the Gunny. wow.
Semper
Jim

JRtheSTAR
11-16-02, 05:52 PM
wrbones, thanks for posting this for me.

eagruener
11-16-02, 06:38 PM
Just received this same message from an old Sgt. I was with in the Nam. He retired as a MGySgt. Name is Ron Barber.
This is a great article and describes our Corps to a T.
Semper Fi Marines.
Ed Gruener (Nam 67-69)