12-28-05, 08:21 AM
Four Marines jailed on Okinawa over holiday weekend <br />
Police: Alcohol fueled alleged housebreaking, vandalism <br />
<br />
By David Allen and Chiyomi Sumida, Stars and Stripes <br />
Pacific edition, Wednesday,...

OLE SARG
12-28-05, 08:56 AM
Seems like things never change over the course of time in Okinawa. Marines still manage to make arses of themselves and it all seems to be alcohol related. We had this same crap happening when I was in Okinawa WAY back in 1963!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

GySgtRet
12-28-05, 11:16 AM
Old Sarge,

You got it...!! It ahsn't changed a bit whatsoever over the years.

hrscowboy
12-28-05, 05:27 PM
buttom line, as we are the taxpayers paying there wages if they screw up kick there arse out of My Beloved Marine Corps on a bad conduct discharge its time these Men and Women learn that we are...

VaMarine
12-29-05, 05:20 AM
HRS I dont think kicking them out is the answer. When you were in and things went like that it wouldnt have even made the news you would have faced the judge then faced the big man and that was it.

That is exactly what is going to occur here. As well incidents like these take place all over the world every day of the year. I think if you looked at the same time period and then looked at the japanese in the area you would see that they had more crimes of the same or worse nature. The issue here is that the media is reporting on it because it had Marines involved.

The Marines of Today are no different than the Marines of the years prior, the 10% will screw it for the other 90% and I would expect to hear that Okinawa is now a dry area for 3 to 4 months because of these incidents.

hrscowboy
12-29-05, 08:50 AM
Va Marine when i was in the Corps if you done any of the above your butt would have been taken straight to the brig until you went before the old man for charges, Then you better be ready because you...

VaMarine
12-29-05, 01:24 PM
HRS it is difficult for them to be taken to the Brig since the JP's got there first. I for one will not justify these actions as being appropriate or showing anything of leadership besides there rears.

But as I believe Chesty Puller said your not a Marine unless you have been NJP'ed. These Marines will have there day infront of the man and I do not condone their actions they completely screwed up but to say to drum them out of the Corps I believe is a little over the top.

At the same time these offenses would not rate a court martial which means they cannot rate a Big Chicken Dinner either.

I guess this is the "New Corps" being soft on Marines, I see them losing rank and as a LCPL seeing PVT a second time. I see them losing money and being on Restriction and EPD possibly even off to the hard labor place for a week or 2. But I don't see these violations as a reason to kick someone out unless there is a continuous track of these time of violations by these Marines.

hrscowboy
12-29-05, 03:17 PM
Yup VA Marine your right The New Marine Corps fluff and buff the Marines today have too much time on there hands because in the old Corps we had to spit shine our boots and polish brass so we would be ready for the every morning formations and inspections the next mornings except Saturday and Sundays and squad bay inspections at least 2 times a week. There dang lucky i am not the Commandant because if i was i can tell you there would be some big changes in my Beloved Marine Corps all this patton leather crap would be thrown out and back to the old ways of doing things, and the first time your brought before the old man it would be a manditory 6 month brig time and the second time your history.. I realize it sounds harsh but thats the way it needs to be to be the best there is....

gonzo7679
12-29-05, 05:44 PM
We didnt get much liberty on weekends while I was in oki, hell we were damn lucky to get a full weekend at all but that was ok, kept us occupied.
Over the yrs. a few of the ****birds gave my beloved CORPS a bad name with the rapes and a couple murders. I remember the 2 or 3am get out in formation in skives only for a **** test.:evilgrin:

yellowwing
12-29-05, 07:21 PM
I was one of those Marines that was properly motivated by NJP. Hence the 2 stripes instead of my other associates' 3 stripes. <br />
<br />
It took me awhile to realise my punishment was more for the good of...

VaMarine
12-30-05, 04:20 AM
I believe they arent classifying it as an assault because it possibly was exactly that him grabbing his arm trying to get his attention or what not and thats it.. Or because they are cutting him a break, from the story it didnt seem like he was actually involved..

hrscowboy
12-30-05, 11:58 AM
The buttom line is what the hell was these fools doing off the base acting like this?

rb1651
12-30-05, 08:36 PM
yellowwing,

I stand tall and Salute you brother, you are what the Corps is all about. You have the integrity to admit your faults, and to share that with us is absolutely priceless. None of us are perfect, as I too received NJP, (details not revealed, but she made the night worth it), and it cost me a potentential stripe.

We are not Saints, if we were we wouldn't be who we are. Semper Fi, all you "Devil" Dogs.

Ron