PDA

View Full Version : A 2005 Merry Christmas to Our Troops

thedrifter
12-24-05, 08:09 AM
A 2005 Merry Christmas to Our Troops
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Sher Zieve

I’ve said it before and will no doubt say it again. Those of you who choose to fight, so that those at home can continue to enjoy freedom, are a different breed from the rest of us. There is something essentially finer and greater about you. Your light shines brighter. The distinction that you bring to your country and its people and the sacrifices that you make to ensure our liberties cannot be measured.

Evil has always had to be fought. You, above all others, recognize that fundamental truth and are willing to place your lives on the line to defeat it. It is you in the heat of battle, working towards removing tyranny and bringing liberty and freedom to others, whom we at home must and do honor.

It has been and is my distinct privilege to receive emails from those who have retired from the military and those of you who are still in the fight. May God bless each and every one of you and keep you safe until you return home to your families and loved ones.

I wish a heartfelt Merry Christmas to all of our brave and dedicated soldiers. You deserve so much more. Thank you for your service and your unceasing courage. You keep the rest of us safe.