PDA

View Full Version : LCpl Seeley's unit has sustained injuries

GySgtRet
12-23-05, 05:46 PM
This may be old news to some of you Marines out there. Steve Brooks tries to keep me informed about what is going on with them. Shawn's platoon commander has sent and email about the condition of some Marines that were injured by IEDs. The following id from Steve Brooks and Lt. Hendricks. Thank you both for the updates.

Ed,
It seems strange not to be sending you email updates everyday, but I have tried to let Robin and Shawn control the flow of information now. From what I gather, Shawn may not be going back to Bethesda. They are looking into having any additonal surgeries in Washington State, but that is not for sure. It sounds like he is doing great and I know he is really glad to be home. I wanted to forward on an email the Lt. Hendricks sent Shawn's grandma Judy. It lists some of the other members of Shawn's unit that were injured in the recent IED explosion. I hope you have a great Christmas.
Steve

Hey Grandma!!

Great to hear from you! I did talk with Shawn last Weds. I called him up while I was at Bethesda so he could talk with his buddies from our platoon who were there. There are a total of five guys from our platoon with the following injuries: Jordan Pierson-amputated left leg and soft tissue damage to his right, Neil Frustaglio-both legs amputated, soft tissue damage to left arm and burns on the back of his head, Travis Green-both legs amputated, currently in ICU in bad shape, lots of blood loss and infection, Doc Bullene-both legs amputated, and 7-ton driver Cort-both legs amputated and in ICU, also in bad shape.
I have been back at Bethesda trying to help the families out with anything since we just got through the hospital process ourselves.
PT is going great. My leg is much stronger and I can now dress, wash myself. Walking with crutches is not far off!!!!! I talked to Doc Leo today. he is doing well. Out of the hospital but still in San Antonio.
They will take out his colostimy bag in Feb and close up most of his stomach.
He is doing well overall.
I miss your family! You guys were great and I love you all. I wanted to send a thank you note to the ladies who made the blanket for me! It is great and I use it all the time. Is there an address I can send it to?
Take care and keep in touch
Much love and respect,

Lt Matt Hendricks

rb1651
12-23-05, 11:12 PM
Lt. Hendricks, GOD BLESS YOU!

GySgtRet, thanks so much for the post. I personally cannot believe how this Marine can be so upbeat with his attitude with all he, and they have been through. To worry about a blanket???? Semper Fi, Sir. It would be an honor to serve under your leadership.

Ron