PDA

View Full Version : Eminem Music Allegedly Used As U.S. Torture Device

thedrifter
12-19-05, 12:36 PM
Eminem Music Allegedly Used As U.S. Torture Device
POSTED: 12:04 pm EST December 19, 2005

KABUL, Afghanistan -- A human rights group is alleging the United States operated a secret prison near Afghanistan's capital as recently as last year.

The group claims that music by Eminem and Dr. Dre were used as instruments of torture.

New York-based Human Rights Watch has issued a report saying the United States operated a secret prison in Afghanistan and tortured detainees. The report quoted an Ethiopian-born detainee as saying he was kept in a pitch-black prison and forced to listen to Eminem and Dr. Dre’s rap music for 20 days before the music was replaced by "horrible ghost laughter and Halloween sounds."

The report said detainees at the facility -- known as "Dark Prison" -- were deprived of sleep, chained to walls and forced to listen to loud music in total darkness for days.

The group said its report is based on the accounts of several detainees at the U.S. prison for suspected terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. Human Rights Watch hasn't been allowed to speak with the detainees directly, but said it obtained the detainees' accounts from their lawyers.

The group said the allegations are credible enough to warrant an official investigation.

American officials say the United States doesn't engage in torture. CIA officials have no commented on the allegations.

Ellie

Osotogary
12-19-05, 03:41 PM
"The group claims that music by Eminem and Dr. Dre were used as instruments of torture."

This is what most parents have known for the longest time. LOL
If it's not good enough for the "enemy" then certainly it's not good enough for American youth.

I wonder how many members of the Human Rights Watch listen to Rap or "Urban" music and proclaim that they themselves are being tortured?

Listening to a chorus of cats serenading one another right outside your bedroom window in the middle of the night....now that's torture.

yellowwing
12-19-05, 04:03 PM
What if the guards are 32 year old Sgts? He has to suffer through Eminem also, would he not?

I can't even understand what the hell they are "singing" about. I don't think "Akmed Taliban" would have a clue either.

They should get really crappie music they do understand and put in some psyop lyrics, "You betrayed Allah...blah...blah...blah"

outlaw3179
12-19-05, 04:36 PM
Hey now ... I like Eminem and Dr. Dre ! LOL... its not that bad . well maybe for dirty terrorists .