PDA

View Full Version : F.a.s.t?

M700
12-17-05, 03:34 PM
I am a Marine still under student status at SOI Camp Pendleton. I enlisted for a 5 year security forces contract and am trying to get into a F.A.S.T company once finished with my MOS school. The problem is that I have heard that Security Forces Marines that have absolutely no criminal criminal record (me) are pretty much going to be gaurding nukes and standing post all day. The question is, Does anyone know the best way to help me try to get into a F.A.S.T company?

Semper Fi,
PFC Nielson.

hrscowboy
12-17-05, 04:05 PM
what the hell is a fast company this is a new one on me???? hell i thought all companys were fast in my Beloved Marine Corps..

thedrifter
12-17-05, 05:44 PM
hrscowboy

link supplied by hubby;)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/mcsfbn.htm

Ellie

hrscowboy
12-17-05, 10:06 PM
Correct me if i am wrong here these units are kinda like our Navy seals then???

zjohnnycrash
12-19-05, 07:24 AM
I was selected for FAST Co. You do have to be top of your class not only in pistol, shotgun, and MP-5. You have to be the best in what ever you do no matter what it is. Whether it the way you...

CplLeach
03-01-07, 12:50 AM
F.A.S.T Company was an amazing experience for me. I loved it. The training you get is obviously top notch. It's not RECON but it's pretty damn close. I was part of the orignal 2nd F.A.S.T Company. I joined the unit in 1998 when the corps had decided to implement a 2nd F.A.S.T company in Yorktown VA. You really do have to be in the top percentage of your class in gun school (security force school). Try not to party to much in VA Beach, LOL. Anyway even if you don't get into F.A.S.T company enjoy your time in the corps. It's obviously not always a good time, but it's an experience I wouldn't give up for anything.

dmaclurg
03-01-08, 04:15 AM
so how many guys are you competing with in security force training?