PDA

View Full Version : Send Christmas Card

redneck13
12-17-05, 07:45 AM
:devious: Fellow Brother and Sister Marines? I got an e-mail about this young Marine wounded, who received this Christmas Card. It's "SICK." Send him one. His name is Joshua Sparling USMC. He's in Walter Reed Army Medical Center. He got this one card that said to the effect..."DIE MARINE!!" He was featured on "Fox News." He said...He keeps it displayed so he will be driven harder to recover. I was asked to send him a "real Christmas Card." I did. I am asking everyone, if you would? Send him a nice letter/Card.
Address it to...Joshua Sparling USMC Patient, Walter Reed Army Medical Center...6900 Georgia Ave. N.W. Washington D.C. 20307-5001. Give him "our" Best, along with a nice Christmas Card. I wrote him a letter telling him to "wish all on his ward, a Very SPECIAL, BLESSED "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" And a speedy recovery. Thanks

ringoffire
12-17-05, 02:47 PM
Thanks for posting, but this was talked about in the Insult to Injury thread on the Open Squad Bay board. Check it out.
I did send Christmas cards to Sparling and some others. I listed them in the same thread.
It was sick thing to do, unfortunatly some Marines and soldiers get "hate" mail. We just have to send cards/letters of support and thanks to the troops, like you did.