PDA

View Full Version : St. Mary, Kan. native earns Bronze Star

thedrifter
12-16-05, 02:39 PM
St. Mary, Kan. native earns Bronze Star
II Marine Expeditionary Force
Story by Sgt. Tracee L. Jackson

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C.-- (Dec. 16, 2005) -- Gunnery Sgt. Adam J. Taylor, a native of St. Mary, Kan., was awarded the Bronze Star Medal here Dec. 16 in recognition of his contributions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Taylor served as a team leader with a Special Collections and Survey Team, 2nd Radio Battalion, II Marine Expeditionary Force, during combat operations from April 2004 to Feb. 2005. Taylor is credited with re-writing the tactical signals intelligence concepts of employment and enhancing the capability of his Marines to provide cutting-edge intelligence when they needed it most.

“I think they’re specifically talking about events before, during and after Operation Al Fajr,” said Taylor. “During that time, we had teams spread all over our (Area of Operation). It was really a combined effort,” he said, noting he was able to accomplish his mission despite the chaotic conditions that faced him.

According to his award citation, Taylor’s leadership, expertise and team building abilities also brought together national level intelligence agency support to his team’s tactical training requirements, which directly contributed to the success of his team.

“As cheesy as it sounds, I want to give a piece of this to all the Marines who were with me,” said Taylor. “I couldn’t have done it without them. They all had a direct hand in our success, and I wish I could convey that to them better.”

The Bronze Star Medal is an individual decoration and is the fourth highest award within the Department of Defense for bravery, heroism, and meritorious service.

Ellie