PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's New War

thedrifter
12-10-05, 07:10 AM
KERRY'S NEW WAR
By DEBORAH ORIN

WASHINGTON — Democrat John Kerry yesterday blasted the Republican Party for creating a Web video that features a white flag of surrender waving across his face for suggesting U.S. troops are "terrorizing" Iraqis.

"The only shots these Republican hacks have ever fired are from their computers, so they might not know that the flag that flew over John Kerry's boat in Vietnam was red, white and blue," Kerry spokesman David Wade said.

"The president's lap dogs should spend more time trying to succeed in the war in Iraq and less time waging a war of words against a senator who fights for our troops," added the 2004 Democratic nominee's spokesman.

The Republican National Committee video highlights anti-war remarks by Kerry, Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean and California Sen. Barbara Boxer to argue that the Democratic plan for Iraq is "Retreat and Defeat."

A picture of Dean is shown as he says: "The idea that we're going to win this war is an idea that, unfortunately, is just plain wrong" — and a white flag sweeps across his face.

Kerry is seen telling CBS newsman Bob Schieffer: "There is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night terrorizing kids and children, you know, women." Then, the white flag is seen again.

Boxer is seen telling Fox News: "I would say the withdrawal ought to start now, right after the elections, Dec. 15" — followed by the white flag.

Then, to music with a military beat, the video flashes the words: "Message to Democrats: Retreat and Defeat is not an option."

The Democratic National Committee, hoping the Republican video will backfire, promptly used the attack as a fund-raising mechanism. It sent an e-mail seeking contributions and claiming the video is "smearing" Democrats.

debroah.orin@nypost.com

Ellie

Old Marine
12-10-05, 08:17 AM
John Kerry should put both oars in the water.

yellowwing
12-10-05, 08:40 AM
"...waging a war of words against a senator who fights for our troops,"
That would be an outstanding sound bite if it were true. I got to tell you, I believe in the ideals of a true Democratic party. But these last few years do not instill me with confidence in the DNC "leaders".

If John McCain throws hit hat in the ring, I got to go with him.

rb1651
12-10-05, 11:11 PM
As I have stated in a previous thread, if Kerry had any gonads at all, then go to Pendleton and tell the Marines there that they are nothing but terrorists.

(P.S. Hey Querry, bring your boat, there's a dock at San Diago that I'm sure our Navel Brethen would love to see you tie up at!!)

hrscowboy
12-11-05, 12:50 AM
I would vote for McCain also..

SuNmAN
12-11-05, 03:04 AM
As I have stated in a previous thread, if Kerry had any gonads at all, then go to Pendleton and tell the Marines there that they are nothing but terrorists.

(P.S. Hey Querry, bring your boat, there's a dock at San Diago that I'm sure our Navel Brethen would love to see you tie up at!!)

I guarantee you Kerry does not mean that at all. This is just my personal opinion but I think someone who has been awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V devide and 3 purple heart would know more about troop welfare than Bush, who comes from an extremely wealthy and pampered family and has never seen a day of combat.

Wyoming
12-11-05, 07:04 AM
I guarantee you Kerry does not mean that at all. This is just my personal opinion but I think someone who has been awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V devide and 3 purple heart would know more about troop welfare than Bush, who comes from an extremely wealthy and pampered family and has never seen a day of combat.

Whoa!!

What a way to wake up on a Sunday.

SuNmAN, you got to be kidding me!!

Jeez, how, tell me how, do the youth of today have their minds so polluted and warped, when they should pride themselves in clear and factual thinking?

This is where the Sheehan's, Jackson's, Sharpton's, Kennedy's, Kerry's, Fonda's, etc., etc., get their followers.

Appalling.

I suppose, with the 'record' of Murtha, you would agree with him also?

Wyoming
12-11-05, 07:17 AM
I suppose, with the 'record' of Murtha, you would agree with him also?
Kerry's medals thrown over the fence of the White House was a game?
Fonda in North Vietnam?
Sheehan disrespecting our servicemen and families who have given the ultimate sacrifice?

Need I say more? Read the History of your hero's. Learn.

Sheeit.

yellowwing
12-11-05, 02:44 PM
Yes studying the real unbiased history of John Kerry's combat medals would be valuable. We all know that service medals and awards in the USMC is stingy at best. A USMC Bronze Star would easily be a Distinguished Service Cross in our sister services.

Do not believe the Swift Boat Veterans critique of John Kerry. All of those highly paid mouth peices have gone against their previous high praises of Kerry. Those sailors that did actualy share the same small boat space in real combat have nothing but high marks for John Kerry.

The Swift Boats Veterans for the "Truth" have given affidavits that they did not actual see events. Now they swear up and down, after signing with GOP lobbyists, that Kerry is a Communist. They have sold their honor for $10 Grand.

garryh123
12-11-05, 04:02 PM
Dang Yellowing! You must be a serious lib to belive that B.S.

ggyoung
12-11-05, 04:21 PM
I hate to think what would happen to my 2 youngst sons one in the US NAVY and one in the MARINES if kerry had won.

yellowwing
12-13-05, 06:05 AM
Dang Yellowing! You must be a serious lib to belive that B.S.I just spent many hours looking and cross referencing many sources. The Internet really makes it easy to do.

JK does have many faults. He does say a lot of shiite before he thinks how it is really going to sound. He is his own worse enemy.

In the end I am going to support John McCain. Fudge Hillary and the horse she rode in on!

OLE SARG
12-16-05, 10:51 AM
Take a look at mccain's "Bill of Rights for Terrorists", read it carefully, and you might reconsider voting for "the terrorist's friend". I believe mccain is braindamaged from his stay at the Hanoi Hilton. I rank mccain right up there with john fonda kerry.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

ggyoung
12-16-05, 11:25 AM
Old Sarg I agree with you all the way.mccain is also in bsd with the anti gun people.

yellowwing
12-16-05, 01:10 PM
December 15th news conference transcript of George W Bush's high praise of John McCain and the torture thing:

BUSH: It's my honor to welcome two good friends, the Chairman, John Warner, and, of course, John McCain -- Senator John McCain, here to the Oval Office. We share a common goal, and that is to protect the American people and to win the war on terror.

Senator McCain has been a leader to make sure that the United States of America upholds the values of America as we fight and win this war on terror. And we've been happy to work with him to achieve a common objective, and that is to make it clear to the world that this government does not torture and that we adhere to the international convention of torture, whether it be here at home or abroad. And so we have worked very closely with the Senator and others to achieve that objective, as well as to provide protections for those who are on the front line of fighting the terrorists.

And so I appreciate your hard work, Senator. You're a good man who honors the values of America. I also appreciate the strong support that you've given -- both of you have given in the war on terror. The central front of that war is Iraq. Part of our strategy is to train Iraqis so they can join our forces and fight off the terrorists and, eventually, have the Iraqis be able to stand on their own. The other part is the democratic process that will help marginalize the Saddamists and the rejectionists.
GWB seems to really like John McCain. It was superb politics in action. VP Cheney took the point in advocating torture, allowing the Boss to be gracious in the event of its ultimate defeat.

OLE SARG
12-16-05, 02:20 PM
Just what I want to hear, a kinder and more gentle military. If we follow mccain's doctrine, we might as well surrender now and save everybody's time. Bush is doing what HE HAS TO DO politically and is also appeasing all the bleeding hearts out there in do-do land. It is good we still have a little democracy left here in the good ole U. S. of A., because at the rate we are going the left is going to be running the country.
Yellowwing, you are misinformed and mislead on mccain. Time will tell on this one and I'll probably be able to come back and say, "I told you so!!!".
I ask again, have you read mccain's "Bill of Rights for Terrorists"? If you haven't done so please read it and let me know what you think.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

yellowwing
12-16-05, 03:35 PM
I still do not understand the thought process of 'Liberals are taking over America'. The RNC has the Presidency, Congress, and have made great strides in controlling key appointment in the Judicial. Bottom line they control the Government.

Do the conservatives really think that Susan Sarandon and the like have more power than The United States Government?

I think it was a tactical error for the conservative to initiate a furor on this ridiculous 'War on Christmas'. It preoccupied the Conservative Evangelical Base from supporting the President on the Torture Amendment, and now The Patriot Act Extension has been defeated in the RNC Majority Senate.

Evangelicals Off Target?
Instead of hammering their Congressmen on these crucial national security measures, the Evangelicals were hammering Target Stores to say 'Merry Christmas'.