PDA

View Full Version : A Great Visit With L/Cpl Seeley

JAMarine
12-08-05, 01:46 PM
Hello again from the Pacific North West.
For all us JarHeads.... That's the LEFT Coast.

So I woke up yesterday morning with a mission on the brain. I wanted to do something special. So I got my Stuff together and set out.

With the mission accomplished I set out to the Hospital in Tacoma. I wanted to make a Grand Entrance but who was setting in front of the elevator door as it opened onto the 3rd floor but no other than our L/Cpl in his chair with his Mother. Oh well,,,, I'll have to be more covert next time.

Shawn was in great spirits. He was laughing, joking and in a great mood. I followed them down to the Dinning Facility in the Hospital. And he had The Meal of Champions... Corn Dog, Chili and Frys.......Yummm Yummmm. I was a little surprised he didn't have a Big Piece of Cheesecake on the side.

So back to my mission.... I went down to the Recruiters Office and obtained a "Marines.com" poster. You can see it in a couple of the pictures. The Marines down at the station signed it as did I. I proceeded to the local Craft Store where a young man helped me mount it into a frame. Damn it looked GREAT. I think I'll go down and get another one for me.

I truly believe Shawn is proud of it. I caught him gazing at it a few times during my visit. And I'm glad I brought it down to the eating area too. There were many people that stopped to look at it and even several came up and gave their Sincere Well Wishes to Shawn and told him how proud they were of him.
Uhhhh Rahhhhhhhh! They can't be any more Proud of L/Cpl Seeley than we are.... RIGHT?

I eventually followed Shawn and Robin (Shawn's Mother) back up to the room where Shawn relaxed on his bed and 'Mom' relaxed in his wheel chair. As Shawn glanced at a WWII History program on TV we all chatted about the future and the next steps in his treatment. We spoke of his hands, legs, feet and future surgeries. I didn't stay too much longer because both looked a bit tired. Shaw's back was giving him some fits and he had requested an Ice Pack.

I left knowing he is in good hands and knowing that Marine (L/Cpl Seeley) is going to make it. He will rebound from this and be a better Marine and a better Man. And I left with a renewed light within me that seared bright with Scarlet and Gold. I can't wait till the next time we meet. I foresee at some point he'll whip this 'old Marine's butt on the court someday.

As I'm writing this I do not know what came out of the Physicians meeting with Shawn and Mom yesterday afternoon. I'm awaiting word and hoping he is coming home today or tomorrow to start his convalescent leave.

Additonal Good news is that (should I be telling this?) Robin has accepted her old job back (Isn't it great that business's are so thoughtful these days?) and it just so happens the future plans for Shawn's Therapy is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET! (from her job)

I hope in the coming days I can be of assistance to the Family and help transport Shawn on occasion so "Mom and Dad" don't have to do it all the time. Hey, it's a good job for this Marine It'll surely keep me out of trouble. :yes:

I guess that's about it for now. I feel a new Marine spirit within my soul now a days. I believe I owe this to Shawn. I feel it's so important to get back to Marine Basics. Marine Helping Marines.

Hey,,,,, try it. Go out and find someone to Mentor, Assist or Help. See how it feels.

Semper Fi Marines
Good Day to All Others
&
Merry Christmas, Happy Honica or Whatever You Believe

rich

rb1651
12-08-05, 02:02 PM
Rich,

Great news, again. Keep up the good work, and continue to keep us posted.

As for helping others, I'll be doing that tomorrow for the family of LCpl Andrew Patten, KIA on December 1, along with 9 other Marines. That freak show from Kansas (Westboro Baptist Church) has said that they may show up for the funeral services. Myself and veterans of all branches plan on being there to make sure the family does not have to endure their garbage. As you said, Marines helping Marines, that's what we're all about.

Semper Fi

Ron

JAMarine
12-08-05, 02:04 PM
:evilgrin: You Got It Brother!

Good To Go Marine.........KICK SOME :o

Osotogary
12-08-05, 02:47 PM
Terrific news and pictures. The poster looks good. I've never seen a Wounded Warrior t-shirt before. Shawn wears it well. Thank you for the update. It is much appreciated.
Gary

CHOPPER7199
12-08-05, 03:23 PM
Thanks Again Rich, Mission Going Forward As I Can See, Getting Better By The Day On Shawns Keeping Fit. Love To See Them Smiles And Glad Your There For Them As We Wish We All Could. Keep The Info Coming. God Bless All

MillRatUSMC
12-08-05, 03:55 PM
Rich, I can only echo all that been said, I sure Shawn will treasure your gift.

ringoffire
12-08-05, 05:50 PM
JAMarine-Wonderful news, Thanks for the update and the pictures. Shawn looks great.

GySgtRet
12-08-05, 06:18 PM
Rich,

We all have our own way of saying thank you. I know this becasue I have thanked Shawn three times in person. It doesn't seem to be enough though. But as long as my visits and conversations made a difference just like yours have done then I guess my mission will continue. I thank you for the updates and your continued updates as I did when I was close to visit. I respect the fact that you are taking your time and sharing your humor with us too.

Seeley
12-08-05, 06:55 PM
I just want to thank you Rich for stopping by, and for bringing that poster over. Me and Mandy will have to make a Marine Corps wall later on.

JAMarine
12-08-05, 10:24 PM
Hey L/Cpl...... you just let me know what you want on that wall and it'll be done..... For Sure!.....

Glad to see ya here Young Man.....

I guess I should just call ya...............:banana:

jinelson
12-09-05, 04:54 AM
Sweet Job Rich thanks Marine!