PDA

View Full Version : 'Lewd rubbing' shuts Paris statue

Ed Palmer
12-04-05, 01:46 PM
'Lewd rubbing' shuts Paris statue

Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris has fenced off a famous tomb to prevent lewd acts being performed on a statue. The effigy of 19th Century journalist known as Victor Noir has long been popular with women visitors.

This is partly due to his reputation as a romantic figure, and partly because of the effigy's design.

Officials concerned about damage to the icon's groin area have erected a fence around the grave, and a sign prohibiting indecent rubbing.

Noir - whose real name was Yvan Salman - was killed by Pierre Bonaparte, a great-nephew of the Emperor Napoleon, after bearing him a challenge to a duel.

According to the story, he was due to get married the day after he was killed.

The statue shows Noir in a frock coat and trousers lying flat on his back, with a distinct enlargement in the groin.

The effigy has been held as an aid to love or fertility.

It is said that a woman who kisses the lips of the prostrate statue and slips a flower into the upturned top hat will find a husband by the end of the year.

The new sign warns: "Any damage caused by graffiti or indecent rubbing will be prosecuted."

I've heard about statues being erected but this is a bit much!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/ME0000045834_3.jpg

Maybe Bubba Clinton is taking notes for a future design of his own memorial?

Osotogary
12-04-05, 03:34 PM
It's a darn shame to think that that statue is getting more action than we are. LOL.

yellowwing
12-04-05, 03:55 PM
Well hey, compared to the French men folk I guess the women are forced to try something else! :banana: