PDA

View Full Version : Marines rub elbows with stars at Tonight Show taping

thedrifter
12-02-05, 03:55 PM
Marines rub elbows with stars at Tonight Show taping
MCRD San Diego
Story by Pvt. Charlie Chavez

MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT SAN DIEGO, Calif. (Dec. 2, 2005) -- Single Marines from the depot and Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif., visited The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in Burbank, Calif., Nov. 23.

Show producers invited members from all services to sit during a special Thanksgiving Day taping exclusive to the men and women of the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.

Guests for the show included teen beauty Lindsay Lohan and comedian Dane Cook, who appeared in a bizarre outfit comprised of every service's uniform. Musical guest Juelz Santana also performed at the end of the show.

After the taping, Lohan and Cook visited service members with hugs and handshakes.

"It was a blast because I got to hug Lindsay Lohan," said Lance Cpl. Jeffery Tang, traffic management clerk. "It was also really cool to be in the front row too."

The Marines grabbed the guests' attention more so than the other services by being the loudest audience members.

"I always want to represent the Marine Corps as much as possible, with as much taste as possible," said Sgt. Scott A. Leonardson, drill instructor. "I told everyone that I was going to get Lindsay Lohan to wave at me, but instead she came to me and gave me a hug. It was very motivating, just seeing all the different services together and the performers showing their gratitude."

After the taping, Leno thanked the military audience and treated them to a free dinner next to the studio.

Ellie